• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sold X10i, got Milestone, sold that, now got X10a....

solidkevin

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2009
So as you all know I had the X10i and my only complaint was not US ATT 3G, it annoyed me, so I sold it and bought the Milestone Telus Version, the 3G was awesome! But the phone?......not so much IMO, it wasn't a bad phone, I guess I seriously got spoiled with the X10, the X10 just feels so much better (not to mention looks better), but the one thing that got me the most was that the X10 felt SO much faster! I guess the snapdragon is really that much better, the Milestone was running 2.1 but it just felt laggy, and man after coming from the x10 which was silky smooth (for me at least) I did not like it. The milestone was not a bad phone, just not for me, also 2.1 on it was really not what I expected, 2.1 on the N1 feels so much newer and better looking, hell even 1.6 on X10 looks and feels "newer".

So with that being said I sold the milestone for a very good price (more than I paid for it) and bought the X10a, so now I will have my favorite phone with 3G!!! I also missed posting on this board as well:D

Oh and I almost forgot what drove me crazy as well was that as soon as I sold my X10i they announce the update for 2.1 with HD RECORDING wtf!? I didn't think that was possible! lol, so happy about this update!!

I just bought an x10(not got it yet) but was thinking of selling it to get a milestone, now youve got me confused lol.

I'd highly advise you not to unless you absolutely 100% need the keyboard, another thing I noticed that I forgot to mention is that the milestones screen feels..... washed out? Again coming from the X10 I dunno, the milestones screen just did NOT look as good as the X10, much less the Nexus One. Thats just my impression.

Upvote 0
Yup. I was wondering if it is going to be branded by rogers though? IF it is, what does that mean? Any benefit to debranding? and any risks?

It means that SE and Rogers worked together to add some specific apps to the phone. Basically, a couple of apps for the Rogers account and music store. Those can be removed. There are also three or four apps for Moxier, which are apps to sync with Microsoft Exchange serves. Unfortunately, those cannot be removed.

The benefits of debranding is that those Moxier apps are no longer there and there is no Rogers splash image at startup. Also, the generic firmware is updated more often. Having had the HTC Magic, I know that Rogers tends to be more cautions when updating Android software.

The disadvantage, so far from reading, is that SE may not have submitted the generic firmware to Google. I guess the term is for Google to "white list" the firmware. That causes some of the apps to disappear from the market, like the one used for XDA.

I am leaving my phone as it is.

Upvote 0
It means that SE and Rogers worked together to add some specific apps to the phone. Basically, a couple of apps for the Rogers account and music store. Those can be removed. There are also three or four apps for Moxier, which are apps to sync with Microsoft Exchange serves. Unfortunately, those cannot be removed.

The benefits of debranding is that those Moxier apps are no longer there and there is no Rogers splash image at startup. Also, the generic firmware is updated more often. Having had the HTC Magic, I know that Rogers tends to be more cautions when updating Android software.

The disadvantage, so far from reading, is that SE may not have submitted the generic firmware to Google. I guess the term is for Google to "white list" the firmware. That causes some of the apps to disappear from the market, like the one used for XDA.

I am leaving my phone as it is.
Just got it! couple things I noticed, there is the rogers boot screen, there are a few extra apps, and I had to enter my APN manually, the option to search manually is grayed out, I entered my APN and I get full 3G, so I pretty good for now, only thing is the boot screen, I guess I'll leave like that for now, I am tempted to de brand but Im nervous about it.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones