Solution for run Behold 2 faster without Root -- just install PandaHome

Last Updated:

1. ibnturab

ibnturab Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I'm sure all you modders know this, but as a newbie to the behold 2 i wanted to share this with all the other newbs. If you want to run your phone twice as fast without rooting, just install PandaHome [free] from the Market. It takes the phone from being utterly dead to very usable. I read there is another home replacement but its not free like pandahome.

I like the behold 2 but I'm not sure why samsung decided to destroy a good thing. This could have been a very successful model had they just left the OS alone and not included bloat software.

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Any home replacement app that replaces TouchWiz will run noticeably faster.

3. aamirsalim

aamirsalim Member

is there any other alternative to replace touch wiz???

4. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Open Home does the same thing. It costs a few bucks. The best way to do it is to spend like 30 mins or so and learn how to properly root your phone. BH_MAN has made it very simple and your phone will run 10x better easily.

5. mikenick42

mikenick42 Well-Known Member

I'd like to echo what spiz said. Especially with the odin-able ROMS. It's easy, and the phone runs far, far better than it ever did, even with alternative homes.

6. ibnturab

ibnturab Active Member This Topic's Starter

Flashing a new rom is a great option for many that are willing to experiment. But many folks are not that gutsy and IMHO, there might not be a reason to at this time. I have flashed the behold 2 stock without touchwiz and its actually slower than just installing the pandahome. I did it twice to confirm. I have not tried the 1.6 galaxy port but thats still a work-in-progress and bhman is doing a great job trying tweaking it.

7. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Advance Launcher is Best if you want to Keep it stock & have the Stock Look still... imho that is.

8. Fishfan

Fishfan Well-Known Member

BH: I don't see advancelauncher or Home as running even when i'm running them. If i use OpenHome with your nitwit rom, are they memory hogging below it?