• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Solution] Really slow WiFi??

unknowndroid

Nov 9, 2009
Is anyone having slow WiFi response on their Xoom? My DroidX gets great speeds, and the XOOM crawls on the same network. It's a fairly new NetGear wireless G/N router. Security is set to "WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] "

Last night, I had my DroidX and XOOM conntected. The DroidX downloaded a 12mb file in seconds. The XOOM took close to 20 minutes. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I downloaded speetest.net's app and was getting a whopping 112kbps down. I had tried everything then I thought to reboot the router. Now I'm getting 9-11Mbps down. Much better!! I had never needed to reboot the router when I connected a new device, should have thought of it last night. Oh well, all is well now!

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I have just bought my xoom of ebay. Had Eos Rom v2. 3G woeked fine but wifi didn't do very well with dwnkoading maos for Sygic Aura and Navigon kept staling the download. Have gone back ti stock riom an done the updates. Wifi is more cinsistent but still slow. Have even swpped modem as i have a back up netgear router, so a reboot doesnt help. Any ideas as my S2 phone d/l's as otgers abive have documented. thanks in advance:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones