Solution to remove yellow triangle from samsung galaxy s2 !!

IF YOU LIKE THIS SOLUTION GIVE THUMSSUP!!

1. BAD

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. GOOD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. VARY GOOD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. EXCELLENT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AreebKiller

AreebKiller Member

WHILE A MASSIVE SEARCH I FOUND A SOLUTION TO REMOVE THAT YELLOW TRIANGLE [​IMG] FROM BOOT SCREEN .

For whom who want to remove yellow triangle follow these steps:

1. INSTALL THE APPLICATION "HC-kTool" IN UR PHONE VIA ANDROID MARKET .
    2. choose: Dump current Kernel.
    3. Reboot to Download mode.
    4. flash the stock kernel via ODIN : SUIT_KERNEL
    5. after rebooting start the HC-kTool again.
    6. choose: flash kernel from sdcard/zImage.
    7. reboot.
      [​IMG]CONGRATS YOU SUCCESSFULLY REMOVE [​IMG] TRIANGLE.
    SPECIALLY THANKS TO "Homam Ageel" AND HIS FRIENDS WHO HELP HIM ON THIS :
    Whitehawkx
    capez
    dully79
    IMPARATOR
    GadgetCheck

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Or, you could use Chainfire's app Triangle away or buy (or make) a USB jig, which clears the boot counter when you plug it in. :D
    Rudedawg and ironass like this.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Alternatively you could have read the Rooting the Galaxy S2 - A Dummies Guide in the All Things Root sub-forum, where this should have been posted anyway, and seen the solution that was posted seven months ago. ;)
    ironass likes this.
  4. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

I prefer to use my USB Jig, works a treat, but then again i am still running Gingerbread on my S2.
  5. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

USB jig every time for me.
    Quick+easy. No problem.
    :thumbup:
  6. sflannery07

sflannery07 Well-Known Member

+1 for Triangle Away
  7. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Personally I kinda like it!
  8. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

I meant kinda like the triangle on my phone, not the method of getting rid of it...... Hasn't bothered me enough yet to try and get rid of it!
  9. AreebKiller

AreebKiller Member

In previous 4 comment people are telling about JIB USB , ok that fine but what about those people who don't have that jib what can they do ?
    If they perches from online, what u think they wait 3 or 4 days for that small JIB naa
    Some small country or city they also don't have JIB now what can they do ?
  10. lunatic59

Do you have any electronics parts stores in your area? They are easy enough to make.

You will need a cheap micro USB cable ... the cheaper the better because you will be cutting out the micro USB connector with a razor knife (x-acto works just fine). Then you need to go to a Radio Shack and buy the 5-pack of 100K ohm resistors for $1.29 (you only need three, but 300k single resistors are harder to find) and a soldering iron with a fine point.

Slice the insulation off the cable and disconnect all the wires. Then you will need to solder the three resistors in series and connect the ends to pin 4 and pin 5 of the micro USB connector.

[​IMG]

The connections will be (when viewing the connector as shown) the furthest most left connection on top (pin 4) and on bottom (pin 5)

You end up with this:
    [​IMG]

Once you've built your jig, then power off the phone (battery pull would be advised in your case) then with the phone off, plug in the jig. In a few seconds it should boot into download mode and away you go.

Otherwise, Chainfire's Triangle away is easily downloadable (see link above), and there's no need for flashing kernels. While I am sure your solution works, it seems like an awful lot of work.
  11. eddietse91

eddietse91 Well-Known Member

Hey, I got my jig from Ebay.
  12. lunatic59

13. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

14. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

I like my yellow triangle though sometimes I wish it was a skull and crossbones :D

Wonder if you can change it...? :hmmmm2:
  15. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

My initial thoughts was that the triangle image was in the /mnt/.lfs folder, but it seems that its embedded into the kernel, so if the counter is not zero then the triangle will get superimposed onto whatever your boot logo image is, so Shotty, that app will change the picture, but I still feel that the triangle will get superimposed on top.

I've used that app before to change the boot logo. I recommend that you backup /mnt/.lfs before proceeding. And note, it won't work on some kernels as they dont mount the lfs device. I think it's ok on Siyah (well it was on Siyah GB at least)

Speedy. You could always get rid of the triangle with a jig then use the above app to flash this:
    [​IMG]

or this:
    [​IMG]

:D
  16. eddietse91

eddietse91 Well-Known Member