Solution to sleeping through the night with the phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A couple of days ago I posted a question on what you guys did so that you could still receive emergency calls at night without the phone disturbing you letting you know you got a spam email at 3am.

Several of you mentioned that I could go and change my notification volume, but doing that every night was too much work and I was bound to forget or silence my calls and forget to turn it back on in the morning.

I found this wonderful FREE app called Sweet dreams. You set the time at which you go to sleep and it has several options such as disabling gps, wifi, bluetooth and putting your ringer and notification volume at whatever you want.

You set the wakeup time as well so the phone turns things back on for you in the morning.

Give it a try!

Advertisement
  2. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

Are you the guy with the HVAC alarms? I've been thinking about that issue as my BB Pearl could override any profile with a ringtone from a specific source... I'll have to check out sweet dreams. Thanks.

3. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

any bugs found with this? some sites with reviews said it was buggy. don't know if that was with the incredible though (or if it makes a difference).

4. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

I use Quick Profiles....created a profile called "sleep" in which only the phone and alarm will sound when it's set. I have also made one called "loud" for when I'm in the car with the radio on....everything is set to 100% on that setting. Have several others set as well. One for church that sets everything to vibrate...etc.

5. cmantelope

cmantelope Well-Known Member

or you could use the Android Power widget, and tap "sync" to turn off sync at night....re tap to turn back on in the morning....so easy, and you still get calls, but no email and text until you resync

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

How is this? Any bugs so far?

I think you should still be able to receive texts if all you did was turn off sync. Texts do not come through syncing

7. sandman423

sandman423 Active Member

This is my first Smartphone.

I like keeping my phone on Vibrate or Silent while keeping it on at night just in case I get an Emergency Call.

How can I make sure I can charge my Incredible to make sure I get the best charge out of it without having to turn it off?

I have been taking it off the charger in the morning and then re-plugging it in for 20 minutes until it turns green again before taking it off the charger and turning it on.

What is the best way?

8. EclipsePTY

EclipsePTY Member

I have the sound manager app and created a schedule so I won’t receive a sound notification or vibrate from 12am to 8am for example. This schedule is applicable to notifications only so I can hear the ringer.

9. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

damn BBs are nice lol ;)