[Solved] adware freezing my screen for a 5 second countdown every home screen visit :-(Support

Last Updated: 2012-07-07 13:11:20
  1. ricrea

ricrea Active Member

Hello all,

I have Googled my prob and searched these forums to no avail. My problem is an invasive and persistent one that is making my phone about as useful as a chocolate dildo. My phone, almost everytime I go to my home screen, sometimes other random apps also, locks-unresponsive to anything- with text that comes up at the bottom of phone saying

Free app sponsored by 5 seconds remaining

The number counting down in intervals of a second, until at what would be 0, the phone unlocks and allows usual function.

Three is no app shown, nothing but this. My home screen is Go Launcher, but I have had this forever, and have deleted all the new apps since this problem began, yet it remains.

I have a Galaxy S3. Stock rom.

Any ideas. This is killing me.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Are you using a free theme for Go Launcher? If so, that is probably the culprit. Try a different theme and see if that solves the problem. Uninstall the offending theme and make sure to rate it 1 star in the Market!
    jerofld and ricrea like this.
  3. turbotrauma

turbotrauma Active Member

If you can't fix it then grab your data and wipe the phone. No use spending days trying to fix it, stop using shady apps. Also I'm curious if AVG or an anti-virus app would find the culprit??
  4. ricrea

ricrea Active Member

Gmash,

Thank you, I didn't consider that the very program in use probably is the culprit, deleted all themes, and hasn't come up so far....

Just going to keep them all stock themed.

and turbotrauma, no AVG didn't find it which means probably part of an authorised app rather that an individual trojan

Thanks again it was so soul destroying, and it went up to 8 seconds of late!
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Glad you figured it out. Just had to post that "as useful as a chocolate dildo" nearly made me spit my coffee all over my laptop! :D
    ScootD likes this.
  6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I moved this thread to the Galaxy s3 support forum for others who may be having the same problem. :)
  7. andrdrulz

andrdrulz Active Member

There's an app I've been using along with other people around me called air push detector and I run it after every new app I install. It detects adware and hasn't let me down yet.you should give it a try and let me know if it helps. I was getting garbage while surfing the Web and in my notification bar.