1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[SOLVED] Blinding white line effect on power/standbySupport

1. Droidity

Droidity Member

Weird intro time:

Hello,

I'm new here. I love androids. I've been using them for a while. First the HTC Droid Incredible 1 and now the Motorola Droid Razr 4G from Verizon. I'm totally digging it, terrific phone.

But I have a weird problem/question.

When the phone is on and you hit the power button to basically turn the screen off for a bit (until you use the phone again), an effect occurs. A white line that zips down across the screen and looks like it "tunes out" the display. Similar to an old fashioned TV.

I'm guessing this is actually intentional and not an error. It looks very crisp and flawless. Some might not even notice it or think it's kind of neat. Not me!

Problem is the damn light is kind of bright and headache worthy.

Is there anyway to turn off this effect? Or it in fact just an effect built into the phone?

I figure it can't be turned off but it is annoying. :) If it is a regular effect of the phone and can't be turned off I suppose I'll just look the other way when hitting that power/standby button. I mean, I don't have epilepsy or anything (that I know of) but it does hurt my eyes! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

If you go into your settings, then Display, and de activate, or turn off animations, it doesnt do that.
    Droidity likes this.
  3. Droidity

Droidity Member

Chris, thank you so much. That works. :)

I wish there was a way to keep some animations and not others though. The effect when windows open and close is kind of cool but then again not worth the blinding white light.

Thanks a bunch!
  4. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Well-Known Member

Isnt that actually cool ?
    I loved it !