• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Solved]Bootlooping and can not mount sdcard[and other information]

Very odd that you get the cdma, unless that somehow means it is now simlocked (no idea about simlock though).
Dan/others may correct me on this but it is possible that it is charging but without LED.
Im not brave enough to tell you to pull the battery now, so I will leave that decision to you or better android educated member.

I am not being of any help here, however, I see you are s-off.

Have you got android-sdk on your pc.?
If so, are you familier with typing command prompts?

Upvote 0
Very odd that you get the cdma, unless that somehow means it is now simlocked (no idea about simlock though).
Dan/others may correct me on this but it is possible that it is charging but without LED.
Im not brave enough to tell you to pull the battery now, so I will leave that decision to you or better android educated member.

I am not being of any help here, however, I see you are s-off.

Have you got android-sdk on your pc.?
If so, are you familier with typing command prompts?

Yes, I have android-sdk on my pc but I am totally noob to adb command...

Bad thing is I have to go to work very soon. Anyway, gonna pull out the battery. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
And then it stays on the black screen with grey blue "android". Will wait for half an hour then pull out the battery if nothing happens.
I don't know why I did not recognise that as the same bootloop I was getting stuck in (when I wrote OP).
Could have told you it was pretty safe to pull battery then.
Was thinking it was a splash screen you described.
Sorry.

editted OP

Upvote 0
In relation to my post #20
Should my laptop see mass storage device in My computer when in fastboot and recovery?
"oem enableqxdm 0" appears to be successfull in both modes. No error messages.

it cannot see mass storage in this state
you can only see mass storage if you mount ms in amonra/clockwork or if you boot into the rom and mount it.

sounds like there might be some usb bricks here

if you have s-off its recoverable

EDIT
i dont like how ownhere has implemented his data2ext
he kinda hacked the data2sd script when he stumbled across using normal ext by accident.
he doesnt give much of a guide as to how to implement his own version of it.

i think its responsible for the usb bricks

also how old is your laptop? nearly every bios ive seen in the last 5 years has option to boot from usb

Upvote 0
Yep, definitely still have s-off.

amonRA usb-ms toggle says enabled but ms doesn't show on laptop.
Been doing quite a bit of reading into usb brick but other peoples problems sound more serious than mine and I don't really want to take my phone back as far as the tutorials suggest. There must be something less drastic I can do to repair this issue.
Since you confirmed ms wouldn't show up in My Computer during fastboot/hboot. It is only when in recovery that ms is not available in My Computer.
It is available when android is booted.
I can even push files to sdcard via adb. Example: Boot into recovery normally, connect usb lead, open command prompt, type "adb push c:\a.png /sdcard" and thats it, one picture copied from my c:drive to the root of sdcard.

One thing I might try next (when I have re-read some things) is flashing the misc partition with the mtd0.img

Also, as it starts hboot and I wait for it to read what ever it reads, I notice something about wrong image, is there a way to view this log?

Laptop- Hammered HP compaq presario V5245EU about 4.5 to 5 years old, running winXP home sp3.
In bios I can boot from hard drive, cd drive (if it worked), network and floppy. Floppy option must be some sort of HP joke, who still uses floppy discs? and its not like its got a floppy drive anyway. I would be suprised if you could get enough data on a floppy to boot anything meaningful.

edit
My problems all started when wiping via clockworkmod and from what I have read, it appeared to me that its is a corruption of the misc partition. So, for me, nothing to do with data2sd because I was still on Teppic's froyo rom. I don't really think it was the minitool partitioning either.
I actually thought it was clockwork recovery issue but now rx93 has reported he uses amon, I can only think its a nand problem.

Upvote 0
Yep, definitely still have s-off.

amonRA usb-ms toggle says enabled but ms doesn't show on laptop.
Been doing quite a bit of reading into usb brick but other peoples problems sound more serious than mine and I don't really want to take my phone back as far as the tutorials suggest. There must be something less drastic I can do to repair this issue.
Since you confirmed ms wouldn't show up in My Computer during fastboot/hboot. It is only when in recovery that ms is not available in My Computer.
It is available when android is booted.
I can even push files to sdcard via adb. Example: Boot into recovery normally, connect usb lead, open command prompt, type "adb push c:\a.png /sdcard" and thats it, one picture copied from my c:drive to the root of sdcard.

One thing I might try next (when I have re-read some things) is flashing the misc partition with the mtd0.img

Also, as it starts hboot and I wait for it to read what ever it reads, I notice something about wrong image, is there a way to view this log?

Laptop- Hammered HP compaq presario V5245EU about 4.5 to 5 years old, running winXP home sp3.
In bios I can boot from hard drive, cd drive (if it worked), network and floppy. Floppy option must be some sort of HP joke, who still uses floppy discs? and its not like its got a floppy drive anyway. I would be suprised if you could get enough data on a floppy to boot anything meaningful.

memtest :p

well good luck, be carefull with misc mate. i dont know what ramifications will occur from flashing this, apparently its an important area

Upvote 0
*gulp*
Knowing the protentual problems surrounding messing with the misc partition and me still being a noob.
If you were in my situation, would you bother trying to resolve this issue before flashing anything else? or just move on until a sound resolution is announced.
I can flash, restore, push and use card readers to recover.

edit
LOL @ memtest. Thats me screwed then :D

Upvote 0
personally while its a pain i would rather go back to complete stock and then start the whole process again.
think of the amount of time spent so far!!!
if you just RUU it and start fresh you could be back to a point you were at a few days ago in the space of an hour.
its really not all that bad

Upvote 0
btw
the hboot thing i was on about. I think it is something to do with a OTA, weird.
hbootlog.jpg

Upvote 0
Good point.
Im just not that confident things won't go pear shaped again or worse.

Would installing a RUU from my sdcard in recovery mean unrooted but still s-off?

installing an RUU is done via computer not SDCard unless you use a pb99img.zip

yes it will revert hboot back to stock so mr alpharev will have to be knocked upon at a later point

EDIT thats normal for hboot to look like that
pvt1 is the HW build version of the device, usually relating to the nand type (the last bit is what ive read in various places)
the rest is normal and related to the .93 hboot

those checks you see are completely normal too

Upvote 0
I looked for the pb99img.zip (for over 20minutes grr) and found a version with a more up to date radio :) but Teppic stated that flashing this would not restore the misc partition. So I opted to cut my losses and start again.
Followed Teppic's thread on xda and downgraded to froyo 2.1 successfully. --> [HOWTO] Downgrade Froyo (2.2) to Stock 2.1 (ANY HBOOT | WIN/LINUX/MAC | ROOT) - xda-developers
Followed Turkey's Ultimate guide to rooting successfully --> [GUIDE] Turkeys' Ultimate Guide to Root Desire v42.1.1 "Misc Errors are History" - xda-developers

Thought this would rewrite my whole system, I guess not.

When in recovery (clockworkmod now), I still can not see a mass storage device connected when I look in My Computer, no matter if I mount sdcard and/or usb storage device or not.
*frowns*
Please tell me that I never could and I have been imagining that I could before. Else I am completely lost. At least if you tell me its not possible, I can cart myself off to the loony bin.

Upvote 0
Im really sorry chaps, I lost the plot yesterday.
I was looking for pb99img because I could not find a ruu newer than my build. I believe the cid would not accept it without me creating a gold card.
This is the latest one I had stumbled apon --> RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.09.405.8_Radio_32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20_release_140022_signed.exe
And I was on 2.10.405.2 at that time.
So, that is why I downgraded to the 1.21.405.2 build I am on now.
Then, instead of ruu'ing I got ahead of myself and rooted.

Does that make any sence?
Just to clarify, a *.**.405.* build does mean unbranded?
Will the above ruu be ok for me on the 3 network in the England?
Am I thinking straight now?

Sorry again, I must be doing your heads in by now.

Upvote 0
Im really sorry chaps, I lost the plot yesterday.
I was looking for pb99img because I could not find a ruu newer than my build. I believe the cid would not accept it without me creating a gold card.
This is the latest one I had stumbled apon --> RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.09.405.8_Radio_32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20_release_140022_signed
And I was on 2.10.405.2 at that time.
So, that is why I downgraded to the 1.21.405.2 build I am on now.
Then, instead of ruu'ing I got ahead of myself and rooted.

Does that make any sence?
Just to clarify, a *.**.405.* build does mean unbranded?
Will the above ruu be ok for me on the 3 network in the England?
Am I thinking straight now?

Sorry again, I must be doing your heads in by now.
yes it will be fine just use a gold card

Upvote 0
@RX93
No way, that is shockingly bad.
And a rented nokia aswell, eeek I hate them things.
At least they are repairing it. You can call it a late christmas present when it returns.

Update
Used --> Creating a GoldCard - Android @ MoDaCo Successfully (i think).
Is there any way to check it is now gold? I took the back off my phone and it is still black:rolleyes:

if you dont get a cid error when flashing the RUU then its a goldcard :p
it probably was one anyway as you managed to downgrade the rom to a really early version right?

Upvote 0
*scratches head*
If it was already then I have no idea how that happened.
Stock 8gb class2.
Definately not created a gold untill today.
All I did was follow Teppic's downgrade thread to get earlier version.

Update
The RUU I posted in #42 was a exe file and I got some win32 error message straight away.
Downloading the same RUU but in a zip.
Will rename it PB99IMG.zip and copy it to my sdcard.
Then when I hboot. It should read it off my sdcard and prompt me to push vol+ to update.
Correct?

Upvote 0
*scratches head*
If it was already then I have no idea how that happened.
Stock 8gb class2.
Definately not created a gold untill today.
All I did was follow Teppic's downgrade thread to get earlier version.

Update
The RUU I posted in #42 was a exe file and I got some win32 error message straight away.
Downloading the same RUU but in a zip.
Will rename it PB99IMG.zip and copy it to my sdcard.
Then when I hboot. It should read it off my sdcard and prompt me to push vol+ to update.
Correct?

teppics downgrader requires a gold card if you are branded
you must have a true unbranded device if you did that without needing a goldcard
shipped-roms is having problems at the moment, its likely the downloads are corrupting

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones