• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Solved button for the OP

Unforgiven

...eschew obfuscation...
Administrator
  • Jun 23, 2010
    Douglas, MA
    I wish there was a solved button available for the OP that would allow them to either embed the post that solved their problem in the OP or let them describe what solved it.

I use the "New Posts" link a lot so I end up all over the forums. A lot of times, especially when in phone specific forums that I am not familiar with, I'll see 10 or more replies to the post and assume that the user is being helped by people familiar with their phone.

It has been slow on the forums today, and I have been clicking into some of them and have found too many not me, I'm not seeing that, what are you thinking type of posts. I hate when folks don't add to the conversation, but that is a separate rant. I have been able to offer suggestions here and there, but find myself remiss that some users are not being helped. They may be overlooked because users like me pass their thread by because we think folks are helping them.

Also, other users with the same questions could see that the issue has been solved and may not have to read through dozens, or hundreds, of posts to see the solution. Plus, maybe we could have an unsolved question thread.

I know that there would be huge deployment / feasibility discussions with this. I just thought I would throw it out there and gauge interest.

I wish there was a solved button available for the OP that would allow them to either embed the post that solved their problem in the OP or let them describe what solved it.

I use the "New Posts" link a lot so I end up all over the forums. A lot of times, especially when in phone specific forums that I am not familiar with, I'll see 10 or more replies to the post and assume that the user is being helped by people familiar with their phone.

It has been slow on the forums today, and I have been clicking into some of them and have found too many not me, I'm not seeing that, what are you thinking type of posts. I hate when folks don't add to the conversation, but that is a separate rant. I have been able to offer suggestions here and there, but find myself remiss that some users are not being helped. They may be overlooked because users like me pass their thread by because we think folks are helping them.

Also, other users with the same questions could see that the issue has been solved and may not have to read through dozens, or hundreds, of posts to see the solution. Plus, maybe we could have an unsolved question thread.

I know that there would be huge deployment / feasibility discussions with this. I just thought I would throw it out there and gauge interest.

+1 on that. However, unlike other forums, if you guys do plan to do this, please allow further posts and not to just lock it or allow to be locked. Sometimes you get people who have the same issues years down the road and would like some help and it'd be nice to not have like 500+ posts on the same issue with different variations simply because some people solved it for their devices.

I've even had some times where I've posted an issue and solved it then a few weeks later had the same exact problem come back but be even worse.

Just something to keep in mind.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones