1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SOLVED: constantly getting "hotmail login failure" msgsSupport

1. mooreapi

mooreapi Active Member

I've been using the standard Android "Email" handler to sync with my hotmail email account, and every once in a while (once a week or less) would get the "failed to login" message/notification... I recently changed my password and it started happening alot ... I fixed it (reentered password) and it continued to happen....then it would login/sync then it would take all 30 of the messages in the inbox ( I think that's the max number) and redo them all as unread. I would mark them all read, and after a bit it would announce "30 new messages" and repeat the process.

I am wondering if anyone else had this issue. I was thinking that the message could somehow be a spoof/hack trying to get my password...

I just switched to using the Hotmail app, no issues so far with that one...but it's only been a day...

Matt

Advertisement
    :
  2. Neil Doss

Neil Doss Guest

You can always try with the google account as this phone will only be able to sync the google contacts.
  3. lewishamilton

lewishamilton Member

since you changed the password, just try removing the email account and re-adding it to the default email handler on your phone...
  4. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

It might be that
    Take into account that could all just be poor internet connection as well
  5. junkie2100

You can sync with any email. Thats why yheres an email app amd a gmail app
    Contacts cant be backed up on anything with google but if set up correctly you can sync any emails with any provider that supports imap and smtp or pop3 i think it is
  6. junkie2100

ALL android phones come with the email app, the email app syncs with emails that are NOT gmail, that is why there is a separate application
  7. mooreapi

mooreapi Active Member

Thanks for all the replies!

Using the Hotmail app (not the preloaded "email" app), I have had no further issues with this.

Junkie - I think you were right, it usually happened when I had poor signal or Wifi issues. But with the HM app, it just shows me a red triangle with a ! in it, and says "last connected..." with the last date/time it sync'd, but once it reestablishes a connection, it syncs and all is good.

Matt
  8. junkie2100

well, glad you got it worked out. that would be rather annoying if the thing would randomly pop up stuff about it failing to connect. also if you havent already i recommend turning off the "connection optimizer" that thing does nothing but cause connection issues
  9. mooreapi

mooreapi Active Member

junkie2100 -
    Yeah, the connections optimizer is one of the first thing I changed...and that was even before I started having those issues with the email handler/hotmail.

Just had to switch to Outlook app, apparently the hotmail app no longer works (i opened the app cuz I realized I hadn't gotten any emails in almost 1/2 a day...something that rarely happens...and right away it just took me to the "you must upgrade to outlook" page

SFSG using the Outlook app...been a whole day, functions pretty much like the hotmail app did...just slightly different interface, but NBD to switch.

Matt