Solved: Flaky audio connection with Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth headphonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. alantwm

alantwm New Member This Topic's Starter

Am posting this because I could not find a solution anywhere and just found a workaround on my own. Basically, with Android 2.1 and 2.2 on my Evo, the connection to my Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth headphones was very flaky. By flaky, I mean that I would activate the headphones and see the headset connected message. Then maybe 9 times out of 10, audio would still come out of the speaker! On that lucky 1 times out of 10, I'd actually hear music from the headphones. It was very frustrating.

The solution turned out to be to go to Menu / Settings / Wireless & networks / Bluetooth settings / tap and hold Nokia BH-503 / Options... Then uncheck "Use for phone audio" and check "Connected to media audio". Then after activating the headphones, you have to manually connect via this same menu. It's a bit of a chore, but at least I get Bluetooth audio 100% of the time now.

The headphones actually work as a headset as well. I think what was happening was that in headset mode, audio still comes out of the Evo speakers. Dunno why on rare occasions it uses the media mode.

alan

Advertisement