[Solved] Incoming call - 'unknown' ?Support

Last Updated: 2010-10-05 10:39:24
  1. theretroandroid

theretroandroid Well-Known Member

Okay, so till last night, whenever i received a call, i got the name and the photo and the number displayed. I dont know what happened but suddenly, it just shows 'unknown' whenever i receive a call. Its frustrating and there are some calls which i really dont wanna take, can anyone shed some light on this?

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

moved to support section
  3. theretroandroid

sorry, dint know there was a support section!

any updates on this? im frustrated!
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Have you tried removing the battery to see if this clears the issue?
  5. theretroandroid

Yes, i just did. Took the battery off and put it back in again. Still no improvement.

Still shows 'unknown' when someone calls! :(
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Forgive my ignorance but need to rule it out.... carriers in your country dont charge extra for call id do they?
  7. theretroandroid

No sir, they dont!
  8. NightAngel79

Call HTC support??? They will probably just tell you to factory reset though, might be your best bet. If the problem doesn't go away then something is wrong with your phone.
    (just guessing though)
  9. theretroandroid

bumping this! factory reset, sigh! i still wanna keep that option open!
  10. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

If the phone is showing "unknown" for all calls, then caller id is not being sent to your phone or is not being read properly by your phone. Try a factory reset (won't hurt anything but you lose some stuff), if that doesn't work, call your carrier to confirm that caller id wasn't removed in error. I had my account transfered to some other customer by a sloppy CSR last month (TOR) and it caused me some headaches, so it's quite possible someone messed up at the carrier.
  11. theretroandroid

Okay, it was a carrier problem! It sorted itself out. Everythings working the way it should now! Mod's can close this topic. Thanks everyone who tried to help! <3
  12. NightAngel79

You can report your post and ask for this thread to be closed or PM a mod and ask. As a guide i can't do either, for now i will just update title as [Solved]