1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

solved issue only allowing one popup!Tips

Last Updated:

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I need to get on to my company website that uses multiple popups. When i tried out the xoom it was important that I was able to access all the company pages. At first it worked just fine so I bought the xoom. Then, for what I thought was no reason at all, it started coming up with the same message I get on my droid x "could not open a new popup window because only one can be open at any time." I figured out that I get this popup when I am in portrait mode, but you don't when in landscape.

I hope this helps out someone else.

Advertisement
    mrsymo and clb2196 like this.
  2. tjreishus

I just disovered that this also works on the droid X. It also looks like you only have to make it through the first popup in landscape, then you can switch to portrait mode without any troubles.
  3. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

You. are . awesome. :D Hadn't figured that one out yet, it was driving me nuts- thanks!
  4. mcneguy

mcneguy Member

I get that error regardless of my screen orientation. Anyone else have any ideas?
  5. ronburns

ronburns New Member

I am also getting the same message of "Could not open a new pop-up window because only one can be open at a time" in Landscape mode. I would appreciate any suggestions on this issue. I'm a new user and know very little about the Android OS. But, I learn quickly. So, thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
  6. tjreishus

Are either of able to share the websites where you get this?
  7. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

I still have the problem sometimes in my blackboard app for school, regardless of orientation. Sometimes if I close the first popup, then go back and open everything again it works fine the second time. Can't share the site since you have to login though. :(
  8. Losain

Losain New Member

I was also having this issue for a school website that used popups for comment windows. This solution worked perfectly. Thanks!
    To those trying this by just rotating the device, that didnt work. Going into the browser settings and setting it to permantly use landscape mode worked fine for me on phone and xoom.
    Thanks again!
    mrsymo likes this.