• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SOLVED] Metro GL no data/cell service after root

KA24DERACER

Jul 19, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Hey guys, I rooted according to ShabbyPenguins guide and now I dont have any cell service whatsoever. No data, no calls or messaging although the service meter has 4 bars (they are permanently greyed out though).

I cannot figure out what is going on if someone could give me some ideas that would be fantastic.

EDIT: Well, I dont know EXACTLY which one fixed it but I re-enabled a few stock apps and that solved it. Unfortunately just re-enabling them didnt do it I had to restart for my data connection to work again and I didnt have time to go through them one by one. So for anyone else who gets this problem or just as a warning it looks like there is an app which if disabled through the app menu (rooted or not I just happened to do all this after I rooted my phone) will interrupt your service.

The metro apps I still have turned off are the Metro App Store, Block-it, 411, MetroMusic, MetroZone, MyMetro and Visual Voicemail. I re-enabled the metro browser and a couple of samsung apps but I cant remember exactly which ones and I dont know which one was causing my problem. Best advice is to just disable them all one by one and re-start between each one to make sure you still have data (at least for the important ones, stuff like the Picasa uploader and all them wont matter).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones