• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SOLVED] Outlook Android app, Default email & Reply-to address. Where is it?

Ashton2

Apr 29, 2012
These features seem to stump the Microsoft support staff, so I'm loosing hope.

The Android Outlook app is ignoring my default alias email address I have selected in Settings, Accounts, Advanced Settings, Set Default email address. This is also set in Outlook.com's permanent settings, and working perfectly using the web app for Outlook.com.

Under 'Settings' in the app, 'Default' lists only the primary Microsoft hotmail.com account, Not my preferred/Default email account.

There is not a 'Reply-to' custom field I could find either.

A Microsoft Answer Tech recommended I create/verify that I had an Alias created for my desired email From/Reply address. So after creating this alias, and setting it as Primary alias, as I was instructed, the Android Outlook app still does not recognize it as my primary alias and displays the unwanted email address.

Solved

I did find the area in the app, under Accounts, where a new email address can be added, then set as the default From and Reply To email address.

This indicates this is unique to the app, and that these settings are not propagating from the Outlook.com settings as we were told by MS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones