• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Solved - Red Rectangle Flashes Around Screen

Xieon

May 27, 2012
So randomly when opening an app or a message a red rectangle flashes, that goes around the whole screen, but is hollow on the inside.

I can't figure out where it came from, or what to do to get rid of it.

SOLUTION

Thanks to the poster who posted the link. I also found a link, not sure if same one, but basically the only extra step was I had to do a shutdown and restart for it to work.

If you turn on debugging mode, and turn on strict mode, this will cause the flashing red rectangle. Untick it, and just restart the phone, and all gone.

Reactions: cerj
So randomly when opening an app or a message a red rectangle flashes, that goes around the whole screen, but is hollow on the inside.

SOLUTION

Thanks to the poster who posted the link. I also found a link, not sure if same one, but basically the only extra step was I had to do a shutdown and restart for it to work.

If you turn on debugging mode, and turn on strict mode, this will cause the flashing red rectangle. Untick it, and just restart the phone, and all gone.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the reboot. I fixed it though, thanks.

Upvote 0

SOLUTION

Thank you, thought my phone was done. The hours of toiling online for a solution was shortened to a minute thanks to you taking a min to post this. KUDOS my fren

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones