• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Solved) Straight Talk Lg optimus 2x release date????

no actually they didnt but I called them and ofcourse I got an incompetent person who was a bit confused, but he did confrm that they were updating the website and that they should already be in stores, he just didnt know how much it would cost. below is a copy of the email I recieved from them.

Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding
to your recent inquiry.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any
inconvenience you may have experienced with this issue.

Please be informed that we have already released the LG Optimus 2X on
our website and through Wal-Mart retail stores. However, the phone?s
availability depends in the area where the phone will be used the most.
Moreover, we are currently working on updating our website at
Welcome To Straight Talk in order for us to allow customers to buy the LG
Optimus 2X phones.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our
customer care representatives at 1-888-251-8164. For your convenience,
our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM
EST.

Thank you for being a Straight Talk Wireless customer. We appreciate
your business.

Sincerely,

Straight Talk Wireless

Reactions: androidfear93
Upvote 0
I went to two Supper Walmarts Yesterday here in Tucson Arizona and was told by both Phone Store Managers they would not have them in the stores until May this year. Other than that they had no idea on price or if the Straight Talk Web Site and or the Walmart Web Site would have them available any sooner? I emailed Straight Talk on 2/24/2012 and got a email back saying they were release on 2/20/2012, four days prior-----------they don't have a clue.

Upvote 0
I went to two Supper Walmart's yesterday (3/1/2012) and was told by both the Cell Phone Store Managers not to espect the phone in the Walmart Stores until sometime in May 2012! They had no idea on what the price would be. I also had emailed Straight Talk on 2/24/2012 and got a reply back that the release date was 2/20/2012, four days earlier so they don't have a clue either. If anyone finds out more PLEASE post-------:thinking:

Upvote 0
Since Straight Talk themselves cant bother to tell their customers when their newest phone, the lg optimus 2x, is going to be released, maybe somebody on here has an idea on when ill get that email notification that its ready....

I went to two Supper Walmart's yesterday (3/1/2012) and was told by both the Cell Phone Store Managers not to espect the phone in the Walmart Stores until sometime in May 2012! They had no idea on what the price would be. I also had emailed Straight Talk on 2/24/2012 and got a reply back that the release date was 2/20/2012, four days earlier so they don't have a clue either. If anyone finds out more PLEASE post-------:thinking:

Upvote 0
I called and emailed Straight Talk today and they said that the phone has already been released on Feb 21st. And depending on the largest response is where they are offering the phones. I asked to be able to order one from them over the phone and they said i would have to provide a zip code that the phone is available in on their website. I live in Nashville TN one where the reserve says that the phone is offered but not able to pull up. Can everyone that reads this go to straighttalk.com and see if there zip code offers the phone and tell us what that zip is. Because for some reason Straight Talk doesn't know, they tell me just to try zip codes. I sure wish they would let their customer service know and email us like they should.

Upvote 0
Is the lg optimus 2x even coming out with straight talk? I am going crazy trying to find out a release date.... I just want to buy it already. If it doesnt release soon, i might just have to stop using straight talk. Is there any way someone can let me know when it will be available for online purchase? I have been using straight talk for nearly 2 years now, i think you owe it to your customers to be honest. AS SOON AS THEIR REPLY IS RECEIVED, I WILL POST IT!

Upvote 0
Dear fellow AFers,

Patience is the key here. Anxiety will not speed up ST's release date for its new LG OPTIMUS 2X. Considering how fast a year goes by these days, May is just right around the corner.

ST have already given you three options to play with:

1. Buy one of its current phone offerings.
2. B.Y.O.P. - Bring your own phone.
3. Reserve your LG OPTIMUS 2X at http://reserve.straighttalkandroid.com

What more can you ask of them?

Even Apple won't tell you when its new iPad or iPhone is coming out. They have a set date to when they make such announcements. But Apple is a much bigger company with a HUGE fan base, following, or cult--whatever you want to call it.

The reserve feature allows ST to forecast demand better. This helps them to control costs and to have the phones available to you on the supposed release date--without letting demand exceed the units available for purchase.

If you haven't already done so and are interested in purchasing the LG OPTIMUS 2X, sign up now.

http://reserve.straighttalkandroid.com

Reactions: jeeza
Upvote 0
Dear fellow AFers,

Patience is the key here. Anxiety will not speed up ST's release date for its new LG OPTIMUS 2X. Considering how fast a year goes by these days, May is just right around the corner.

ST have already given you three options to play with:

1. Buy one of its current phone offerings.
2. B.Y.O.P. - Bring your own phone.
3. Reserve your LG OPTIMUS 2X at Straighttalk Android

What more can you ask of them?

Even Apple won't tell you when its new iPad or iPhone is coming out. They have a set date to when they make such announcements. But Apple is a much bigger company with a HUGE fan base, following, or cult--whatever you want to call it.

The reserve feature allows ST to forecast demand better. This helps them to control costs and to have the phones available to you on the supposed release date--without letting demand exceed the units available for purchase.

If you haven't already done so and are interested in purchasing the LG OPTIMUS 2X, sign up now.

Straighttalk Android

Given these three options that ST has given us to play with, are we assuming that all of the frustration being voiced in these forums (not to mention the frustration NOT being voiced by typically patient people like myself who saw ST's announcement of the LG Optimus 2x and Optimus Black in January) is coming solely from current Straight-Talkers or Straight-Talker wannabes? I would guess that many of them, like me, are currently under other prepaid (or postpaid) plans and are ready to upgrade their phone, but they have held off upgrading with their current provider because they are waiting on ST to release the LG Optimus 2x and Optimus Black.

Techsavvy72, are you affiliated with ST or do you have an "in" with them? (I apologize for asking if you are not affiliated with ST, but the wording of your first post, and the fact that you provided the link to their Reserve website twice, indicates that you might be.) Is not releasing these phones until May a real possibility?

Reactions: jeeza
Upvote 0
I totally understand your frustration which is why i am just going to buy an Iphone 4s and use it. I'm tired of waiting for this company to get off their butts and make a decision. I figure after i get my Ipone the stupid ST company will release the optimus so I can either like my apple or sell it? who knows I sure dont.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones