1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

(Solved) Strange "FREE APPS" Application on my phoneSupport

1. androidfear93

androidfear93 Well-Known Member

So this morning I checked my phone and I saw an application called "free apps" on my phone. Its not listed on my applicatiions list and I used avast and the pre loaded anti virus and neither came up with anything in a scan. I clicked on it and I wasn't connected to wifi but it took me to a webpage that didn't load due to wifi. Ive only installed well known apps from the android market, is this thing a virus?? How do I get rid of it?????

Advertisement
  2. ZenPit

ZenPit Well-Known Member

Use titanium backup to remove it

I haven't heard of that app. Check your downloads and see if you accidentally added it. Not sure if its malware although it could be
    androidfear93 likes this.
  3. androidfear93

Idk if it was because all it was is it just took me to handangos list of their own free selection of apps which since handango is a real site, I doubt its malware now. But I did a hard reset and ill see which app I downlloaded brought this along.
  4. androidfear93

Plus that means it was just a shortcut link, that's why it wasn't on my applications list.
  5. ZenPit

ZenPit Well-Known Member

Any updates on this? You successfully remove it?
  6. androidfear93

Its gone after a factory reset
  7. nps531

nps531 Well-Known Member

'airpush detector' would have worked just as good without having to go through format
    androidfear93 likes this.
  8. androidfear93

Acknowledged