• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [SOLVED] WiFi ERROR - You are offline There is something wrong with the proxy server

All of a sudden, possibly after an application update, I had a problem with every WiFi connection my phone made. It automatically set the "Proxy Settings" to "Manual" with a hostname of 127.0.0.1 and a port of 3128 which was causing:

ERROR- You are offline

There is something wrong with the proxy server or the address is incorrect.
Try:
Contacting the system admin
ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

NOTE: Software repair with Sony PC Companion or factory reset does NOT fix this!

After days of taring my hair out, searching the net for any help, I found only one support forum for "another phone manufacturer" that had the same problem and the solution. I thought I'd share it here to help others, it turns out it was a 3rd party app...

SOLUTION:
For those that use Kaspersky Internet Security, all you have to do is go into the settings and under "web protection" uncheck "Scan apps that connect to the Internet". There is NO NEED to uninstall the app, or disable the web protection all together! The "Scan apps" option configures the proxy so websites can be checked by Kaspersky.

This solution worked perfectly for me, and I have not had an issue since.

Sony Xperia SP (C5303) Hope this helps someone...
smile.png

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones