• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Solved]Will hard reset "remove" Froyo too?

diablo9

Lurker
Apr 16, 2010
It seems a lot of us are having issues after upping to 2.2. Someone suggested hard reset. My question is simple, will hard reset "restore" EVO back to factory settings, AKA 2.1? I mean when you bought the phone, 2.1 is "baked" in the internal memory. When you update to 2.2, will 2.2 also be "baked" in internal memory so that whenever you hard reset you will always go to 2.2 status? I think it is, but please clarify? :thinking:

I thought it was best to reformat my SD card and Factory Reset in 2.1 to provide the best-chance for the upgrade -- and that seemed to pay off. I haven't had any problems since installing the .3 update. Now I can selectively re-install only the apps I really use.

Thought the same thing. Just found that was my very first post here, Lol, even though I registered months ago for EVO 4G.

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones