• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [Solved]ZTE Warp Brick

alumdixon

Mar 27, 2012
I had a boot loop brick and someone suggested updating through Handset software update tool from zte and it started downloading update packages. It downloaded the update and began applying the update. While updating, i guess the phone automatically shut off and stopped updating and now i cant seem to get into FTM mode anymore, it doesnt even show the android logo anymore, it just sits there in darkness with a red led. I tried ZTE Warp Recovery Installer V2 and it didnt detect the device even though windows has detected it as ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU)
I tried just plugging it in without a battery, resetting and hold down the power and vol - with the battery. I cant seem to do nothing with it now.
It does absolutely nothing but sits there with a red led and dark screen.
P.S. of course I dont have a home phone so I used my cellphone number for my job application and then omg lol. Need help asap.

[Edit] Also I was rooted but never installed cwm
[Edit2] I guess you can call it hard bricked. Goal is for me to get back to FTM Mode, in other words, I need to somehow get stock recovery to work on a phone that does nothing and gives me a COM port.
[Edit3] I suppose that my phone is in "download" mode if that means anything.
[Edit4] Man I do alot of edits, anyways when I use the ZTE Warp Recovery Installer V2, i get < waiting for device >

Edit: Went ahead and got my phone replaced a while back. Forgot to edit this.

Reactions: JrossiX
You said you can't see the green android? Right

My phone once was in boot loop because of a wrong theme

But I got the green guy and could see it, enter in bootloader mode to install cwm

follow the steps on how to install CWM when the phone is starting up, so you can boot in cwm

maybe...

Upvote 0
You said you can't see the green android? Right

My phone once was in boot loop because of a wrong theme

But I got the green guy and could see it, enter in bootloader mode to install cwm

follow the steps on how to install CWM when the phone is starting up, so you can boot in cwm

maybe...
Yeah, no green android logo. i cant even go on stock recovery mode or FTM mode. Ill have to wait for woodstock77 to say something about it, i think hes the only one that may know a way.

Upvote 0
I had a boot loop brick and someone suggested updating through Handset software update tool from zte and it started downloading update packages. It downloaded the update and began applying the update. While updating, i guess the phone automatically shut off and stopped updating and now i cant seem to get into FTM mode anymore, it doesnt even show the android logo anymore, it just sits there in darkness with a red led. I tried ZTE Warp Recovery Installer V2 and it didnt detect the device even though windows has detected it as ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU)
I tried just plugging it in without a battery, resetting and hold down the power and vol - with the battery. I cant seem to do nothing with it now.
It does absolutely nothing but sits there with a red led and dark screen.
P.S. of course I dont have a home phone so I used my cellphone number for my job application and then omg lol. Need help asap.

[Edit] Also I was rooted but never installed cwm
[Edit2] I guess you can call it hard bricked. Goal is for me to get back to FTM Mode, in other words, I need to somehow get stock recovery to work on a phone that does nothing and gives me a COM port.
[Edit3] I suppose that my phone is in "download" mode if that means anything.
[Edit4] Man I do alot of edits, anyways when I use the ZTE Warp Recovery Installer V2, i get < waiting for device >

Edit: Went ahead and got my phone replaced a while back. Forgot to edit this.

I have this device in this situation, can't get into FTM Mode, only into DFU Mode, is posssible to unbrick it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones