Some android queries

Last Updated:

1. enygmatic

enygmatic New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Spica, and had some general andorid related queries:

1. The Spica, unfortunately comes with only 200 MB memory, which I imagine may be insufficient in the future. Thankfully it does come with a SD card slot. I imagine after apps, for me photos would probably take the most space on the device. Is there a way to have the camera / gallery save the picture directly to SD card rather than the phone memory ?
    2. Can anyone recommend a good calendar app that works 100% offline ? Don't want to be synching with Google Calendar in the cloud, every time I want to look up an appointment

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

It does that? I understand that vanilla Android saves photos to the SD card. Mine certainly does, though admittedly I'm running 2.1.

The default calendar app does work 100% offline: as in, entries you made from the phone will show up fine even without a data connection. They just won't show up on your google account until the next time you sync.

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

My Hero with 1.5 Sense UI and my wifes Samsung Moment with regular 1.5 both save photos and music/ ringtones directly to the SD card. I only have 160 Mb of internal memory and have well over half that left while starting to build up the # of apps I've downloaded.

About the calendar, IDK, I just add events to it and never manually sync it.

4. enygmatic

enygmatic New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot for the Thanks a lot for the info guys. I thought that the camera saves only to phone memory. Just shot a few test pictures and saw, and yeah it does save to SD card.
    As far as the calendar goes, thought connectivity would be needed always coz the first time I used it, it asked me for my google id and synched with the server.
    If it's usuable offline, like you guys suggested, should be ok I guess.
    Thanks again for the info.

5. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

as i understand i think it has 256 or 288 mb of ram you only have 160 because the OS takes up the rest

6. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Maybe 2.1 will be better programmed and take up less space!!! It would really suck if it takes up more though.

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

It syncs the calendar every so often, and downloads data to your phone so you can view online. It works very well :p