Some annoyancesSupport

Last Updated:

1. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A couple of things I wanted to put out there that have been annoying me about my droid...

The whole choppines of the home screen sucks...but I figure this must be fixed by dec. 11.

the pull down shade lags slightly

intertial scrolling has a tendency to be choppy at first

and the most annoying is while I use Open Home and I return to home screen from an open app, a lot of times it returns to a home screen and none of my icons are on it at all neither are widgets...it is just blank even though there should be stuff there. They appear if i hit HOME again or if i scroll one way or the other...still it is really annoying...I am in the progress of seeing if it is a problem app or widget but I have not found the culprit yet...

Also, I am slightly annoyed at how the thing lags with a lot of widgets...I understand it is probably unrealistic to think it would not lag at all but whatever...it is most likely cuz 2.0 is not refined and apps are not refined for 2.0 yet! I am going to give Google/Motorola the benefit of the doubt and say things will improve greatly with the update in december...and with future updates...

Thoughts/advice?

Any thoughts anyone?

Advertisement
  2. venezia

venezia Member

I'm not sure I can be of much help, but I had similar problems when I used Open Home. My solution was just to delete the open home application. Ive since downloaded about 40 applications and haven't had any issues at all, and I don't lag even the slightest. Maybe it's a situation where when you're in an open application and try to return to your home screen, Open home, and the phones original software are fighting over who opens up.

Like I said...Maybe I'm not much help, but that's the best I've got.

3. gonzoguy24

Thanks for your thoughts...I think you are right...it sucks cuz I have to delete open home to remove some lag...but then I lose out on 5 screens and all the customization and fluid homescreen transitions :( lol

Ya'll think the update will allow android 2.0 to add more homescreens? lol and remove that choppiness??

4. gonzoguy24

bump?? :)

5. patshan

patshan New Member

First, I must admit I've been a "PC" (vs a MAC) for almost 30 years. The iPhone impressed me but I found it, and Apple's marriage to AT&T prohibitive to my needs as a field-based professional. Then came Droid and everything I read suggested that it, along with Verizon, would provide the path out of Microsoft's persistent lag-behind state and the blazing "super-cool" trajectory of the mobile device space. I've been a Windows Mobile user ever since Microsoft entered the space. SSsssoooo...a few days ago, I traded in my Samsung Windows Mobile device for the Droid. While there are SOME "super cool" features that satisfy my inner child and SOME apps that actually ENHANCE my productivity as a road warrior (such as voice dialing, voice-activated navigation, etc.), I find it largely productivity-constrained. Perhaps I overlooked a fact that it is a toy and not designed for professional use. But something as fundamental as EMAIL is a nightmare on this thing. It won't even allow me to setup an extraordinarily simple POP3 account. There's no "file system" like feature by default (although apps are available) to allow for browsing and manipulation of storage content. I've downloaded apps from the Marketplace that now don't show up on the App Mgmt list to allow me to delete them. Apps and keyboard don't launch consistently withouth requiring thumb-over after thumb-over. While the multi-tasking is fairly good, switching between apps is also an inconsistent experience. I feel like I'm being held hostage by several market dynamics: (1)-Microsoft is an incredible laggard in this space, (2)-Apple has it's head up it's ass with respect to openness and availability...always has, always will...and it's inability to strike a deal with Verizon (and vice versa) is isolating millions of would-be iPhone users, (3)-"Super Cool" has not yet met "Business Productivity" in the PDA realm. This whole matter could be a slam-dunk with the legitimate unleashing of the iPhone on Verizon. Case closed. OR the Motorola/Verizon/Google heads can take off their diapers and try to understand the world of business road warriors. I'm going to give this one more day and if I can't find the answers out here in the ether...things I'm overlooking...then it's back to Windows Mobile.

6. gonzoguy24

another real annoyance ishow long the phone takes to wake up if it is locked and the creen is off and you slide it out and its like 4 or 5 seconds before the screen turns on...annoying