Some App Icons Won't Show Up

Last Updated:

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Instead, they are replaced by a generic green "Droid" icon.
    These are apps that are newly downloaded, and some that I've had for a long time. It's only a few of them, and it isn't a random thing- They stay that way, and the others still show up.
    I don't know if this is a Sweeter Home II issue, or a Sholes 2.0.1 ROM issue, or something that's up with these particular apps.
    In SWII, I do have the icons resized to about 75% of their original size. But even in the "Manage Applications" list, where they are all stock sized icons, they behave the same way.
    I've unloaded & reloaded apps to no avail.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like a Sweeter Home issue ... not the ROM. I would simply backup your current theme to your sdcard, uninstall Sweeter Home, reinstall it (the latest version), then reinstall your theme. I bet they all come back.

From what I can tell, SH recreates your icon files and stores them in it's own directory as .cache files. Sounds like some of those icons, for whatever reason are corrupted.

Psychokitty likes this.
  3. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That definitely did it, Joe.
    I'd thank you via the post button, but I don't want you gettin' a big head n' all. :D