• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some articles if you've never heard of this tablet

aurora40

Android Enthusiast
May 20, 2012
Virginia
I didn't realize Sony already had a successor to the Xperia S until I was scrolling through the list of forums here...

Anyway, some articles:

Sony's Xperia Tablet Z announced: 1.5GHz quad-core, 10.1-inch 1,920 x 1,200 screen and 6.9mm thickness

With The Xperia Z And Xperia Tablet Z, Sony Has Finally Found Its Mobile Soul | TechCrunch

And a video that shows it in action:

10.1" Xperia Tablet Z - the world's slimmest tablet #DigInfo - YouTube

I have a Tablet S, and the Xperia S didn't really seem like enough of an improvement (other than the Tegra 3) to spend the money on. But this tablet has me interested!

Post up if you have any other news about it, or any launch date info/pricing/etc.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Nothing I'd class as "news", but I got the chance to play with one briefly today.

It's very similar in design to the Xperia Z handset, and appears to share the latter's glass-fibre polyamide skeleton design. The back of the device was indeed plastic, albeit a very rigid and solid-feeling one. I've no idea if this will carry through to the release devices, but with it's otherwise-similarity to the Xperia Z I wouldn't rule out a similar glass finish to that handset.

Extended use wasn't possible but in the short time available I found it easy to use in either landscape or portrait format, thanks to its thin profile.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Bought my 16Gb on Saturday in Switzerland 498 CHF, spent most of Saturday setting it up and playing with it and first impressions are good.
Does all the basic functions very well.
Plugs into my laptop so as I can browse the internal storage as well as the 32Gb micro SD card that I have inserted.
Overall very pleased with the purchase.
My next challenge now is to find a case/cover that I like as the official Sony one is too expensive for what it is

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones