1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Some articles if you've never heard of this tabletGeneral

1. aurora40

aurora40 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Sony already had a successor to the Xperia S until I was scrolling through the list of forums here...

Anyway, some articles:

Sony's Xperia Tablet Z announced: 1.5GHz quad-core, 10.1-inch 1,920 x 1,200 screen and 6.9mm thickness

With The Xperia Z And Xperia Tablet Z, Sony Has Finally Found Its Mobile Soul | TechCrunch

And a video that shows it in action:

10.1" Xperia Tablet Z - the world's slimmest tablet #DigInfo - YouTube

I have a Tablet S, and the Xperia S didn't really seem like enough of an improvement (other than the Tegra 3) to spend the money on. But this tablet has me interested!

Post up if you have any other news about it, or any launch date info/pricing/etc.

Advertisement
    :
    ocnbrze likes this.
  2. owen sixteen

owen sixteen Well-Known Member

I've seen a few articles stating global release is in May.
    16gb $499.99 32gb $599.99. 2 color choices, black and white. They said white is exclusively through Sony.

I did read that this is made of plastic instead of metal. Would have preferred a metal casing.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Nothing I'd class as "news", but I got the chance to play with one briefly today.

It's very similar in design to the Xperia Z handset, and appears to share the latter's glass-fibre polyamide skeleton design. The back of the device was indeed plastic, albeit a very rigid and solid-feeling one. I've no idea if this will carry through to the release devices, but with it's otherwise-similarity to the Xperia Z I wouldn't rule out a similar glass finish to that handset.

Extended use wasn't possible but in the short time available I found it easy to use in either landscape or portrait format, thanks to its thin profile.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. owen sixteen

I just pre-ordered this yesterday! 64gb White with docking station. Now to wait patiently for 3 weeks.
  5. lavellep

lavellep Well-Known Member

Hi. Where did you pre order from?
  6. owen sixteen

I ordered direct on Sony's website.
  7. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

Bought my 16Gb on Saturday in Switzerland 498 CHF, spent most of Saturday setting it up and playing with it and first impressions are good.
    Does all the basic functions very well.
    Plugs into my laptop so as I can browse the internal storage as well as the 32Gb micro SD card that I have inserted.
    Overall very pleased with the purchase.
    My next challenge now is to find a case/cover that I like as the official Sony one is too expensive for what it is