Some as of yet unsolved issues with the galaxySupport

Last Updated:

1. tamalsen

tamalsen New Member This Topic's Starter

My father recently bought the galaxy, and being a novice user i have had to tinker around to help set up the phone. Some of the problems i observed...

The galaxy camera is quite weak, inspite of the 5 mp res, are there any apps/tweaks which would increase the res by interpolation? Also there are no features, like zoom, or preset mode or panorama shots and such, has there been any updates to solve this?

The galaxy's video recording too is quite low. It records in 352x288 3gp, shouldnt it be able to record in at least 640x480 res ? Other phones with a 5mp camera can do at least that much without a frame drop.

Finally the galaxy seems to bleed battery power like nobody's business, unfortunately since i am in india, samsung has not released any firmware updates and my understanding is that later firmwares give out better battery life.

Finally, would updating into any other firmware void my warranty? If i only use official roms from around the world would that preserve the warranty?

the firmware of this phone is I7500DDII3, which i believe is quite old. If any other users in india has used firmwares from other countries please let me know, along with answers to my aforementioned queries.Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

About the camera: I have not heard of any apps that will let you interpolate photos (or even videos! :eek:) to up the resolution. In my personal opinion, the camera is sloooow but actually rather good. I don't do much video.

About the battery: Yes, battery life differs with firmware used. If you're on pre-I5, the battery level is definitely displayed incorrectly. That said, all Samsung firmwares display the level incorrectly. Those idiots at Samsung, eh? :rolleyes:

About the firmware: No, flashing your firmware does NOT void your warranty (unless your mobile operator adds limits, which I don't suppose they do). I would recommend you to upgrade to either the K4 or L3 releases which are the most stable ones out there; but do read the "latest firmware" tutorial.

That's all from me ... best of luck! :)

3. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

i was under the impression an odin flash was rather unorthodox in the eyes of warranty granters?

4. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I had my phone serviced for buggy sensors. They upgraded the firmware. Seems pretty impossible to prove that you should not upgrade. With a bit of care, you could keep a backup of your original firmware version (I have) so if there's any trouble, just downgrade.

5. tamalsen

tamalsen New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to backup the entire firmware and current settings of the phone? like an image of sorts?

6. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

no, not entire.

the most you can do is to install drakaz recovery and use nandroid backup from there. make sure you restore that backup on the same base firmware.

also, you can try to download your existing firmware via FUS downloader so you can return to it after trying something else. there are many stickies at the top discussing your questions.

7. onbootstrap

onbootstrap Member

the Mp4 video files played in my Galaxy Stutters ......:mad::mad:
    i use Total Video Converter
    My Firmware is JB2 (Donut)
    how can this be solved????????
    plz help me out as i watch many videos.......