• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

some camera options id like to see

SSinisterSS

Android Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2009
1. after taking a picture, and clicking on the thumbnail to view it, have the phone let you view it in portrait, not landscape only.

2. on board image resizing, the 5, 3 and 2mp options dont cut it. let us choose 640x480(all MP's), 800X600(all MPs) 1024x768, etc..

3. when in camera settings, when you click back to get back to the options it closes the whole settings slider. which is annoying.

I wonder how far they're going to officially add any more functionality to the camera or allow the community to come up with solutions. My last phone was a Samsung Omnia and it had unbelievable camera options. Auto focus facial recognition, color replacement, automatic panorama stitching, smile detection, and anti-shake (seems more effective than the Droid steady mode). I know these features are a little trivial when compared to the overall increased functionality of the Droid, but they were impressive enough to allow me to go "real" camera free on most occasions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones