some clarification please?General

Last Updated:

1. jbaruch76

jbaruch76 Active Member This Topic's Starter

so i've doen a lot of searching and am not able to get a clear answer for my issue. so i believe that i have rooted my phone successfully, it went through the update process and restarted. the bootloader was 1.46 before and after was 1.49. since then i have tried to boot into recovery mode but everytime i do, it just gives me a screen with a warning symbol and the google dude and i have to take out the battery to restart. the reason i believe i have root is because in build number it says test-keys, but i'm not sure about all of it. btw i was coming from ota 2.1. so basically i'd like to know how ot continue into recovery mode to continue this process.

edit - i figure this should be in root forum, i can't seem to figure out how to delete this post to move it there. don't wan to double post either.

Advertisement
  2. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

It could just be me, but it sounds more like you leaked... Were you following the instructions in the All Things Root sub-forum? Where'd you get the ROM from?

When you look at your bios now, is it 1.49.2 or just 1.49? If it says S-OFF at bios, then you are rooted, if not, it sounds like you leaked.

jbaruch76 likes this.
  3. jbaruch76

top two lines exactly:
    PB00100 XC ENG S-OFF
    HBOOT-1.49.2000 (PB0010000)

4. majorpay

Yep, you are rooted. Can you show me what step in the process you're on?

jbaruch76 likes this.
  5. jbaruch76

ok, well i think i am one step further. while i was on the screen with the warning symbol i held vol up and power. i entered android system recovery and selected to wipe data/factory reset. then i went to apply sdcard:update.zip. but that is not what my rom is labeled so i get error:
    failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
    e:signature verification failed
    installation aborted

6. majorpay

Ya, I don't think you have moved the first update.zip file required from the original guide ( Download PB00IMG.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way ) to the root of your SD card (original guide: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html)

The easiest guide (IMHO) for getting through this process is http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/86448-getting-replacement-eris-root-questions.html starting with post #44 I think...

Maybe once you go over there and try to get through that part, you can start posting your questions onto the end. That way we're in the All Things Root section and it's more visible.