Some contact groups not syncing

Last Updated:

1. LaughingJohn

LaughingJohn Active Member This Topic's Starter

Although my phone happily syncs contact groups I have added, it doesn't sync any of the default groups already available like family and coworkers.

I've got around the problem by creating new groups and using those instead. I just wondered if anyone else had noticed this or if it was just me?

Advertisement
  2. raowler

raowler New Member

Download latest htcsync from htc. Well thats what I was told to do from HTC support when I had some contacts not syncing.

It made no difference - had to delete each contach and recreate,

3. LaughingJohn

LaughingJohn Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, I didn't explain that well. I meant Google contact groups for Google contacts.

4. hhoonniigg

hhoonniigg New Member

I have the same problem. Strange...

5. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

I noticed this same problem. Haven't found a fix for it, but did work around it. In Gmail I made 3 new categories, "My Friends, My Family, My Coworkers". Did a quick mass reassign to the new categories and the next sync, those new categories all came over.

Anyone had any Contact with Google or HTC as to why their default Contact groups don't sync?

6. QuiQNeZZ

QuiQNeZZ Well-Known Member

Yeah I kinda did the same thing. It's weird that the online "Google" groups would not automatically sync with their latest and greatest phone running android from Sprint.

I had an issue where "My contacts" wasn't showing up but got that resolved by clearing out all my contacts from my phone, clearing out my gmail log in info and re logging in.

7. hagbardceline

hagbardceline Active Member

I am having significant issues syncing contact groups w/google

Currently I have LOST the "Sync Group" menu items from People altogether

I am trying to segregate certain contacts out of My Contacts into Groups that sync to my phone from gmail on the PC.

I cannot get them to stay in sync. I actually lost contacts from gmail in the attempt and had to manually reenter from my old bberry.

From my observations it seems like contracts must be in my contacts to sync in a group. Annoying