• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some contacts lost after 4.3 update

Hello,

I have a Nexus 4 phone. Contacts are synched with outlook, gmail, and linkedin. I recently lost all the contacts that I've entered manually on the phone :(

Before I have upgraded to version 4.3. I've also synched contacts in the LinkedIn app. Issue might be due to one of those events.

Is there any way to recover those manually entered contacts ? I am new to Android so please bear with me...

Not sure if this will help, but go to Gmail on your computer, on the left side right above "compose" it says "gmail", click it and there will be a drop down, then click contacts. Your contacts should be there but I know that if you have actually deleted them, then you can click "more" and "restore contacts"... contacts that have been deleted less than 30 days can be restored. Hope this helped!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply :)

When I entered contacts manually they were associated with the outlook account (by default), not gmail, so I have zero gmail contacts. I tried to check in Outlook but all the manually entered data on the phone were not there...

I've resigned and imported what I could in gmail. I lost many phone numbers though :( Learning the hard way !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones