Some cool things about this OSTips

1. mhlsilverdale

mhlsilverdale Well-Known Member

I thought I'd pass these tips along for those who haven't discovered them yet.

1) You can take a screen shot of any desktop or inside any app by pressing the power on button and the home button at the same time. I can't tell the difference between the screen shot and the actual page (the quality is that good).

2) Under applications you can disable apps (some, not all of them) similar to freezing them in Titanium backup. I suggest checking which apps are loading the background that you are not using and target those.

3) In Airplane mode, you can still toggle your wireless connection. So you can shut everything else down and still use your wireless connection.

4) If you are not in a 4G reception area, you can prevent the 4G from toggling on each time you toggle your wireless connection off by unchecking the connection optimizer setting under Mobile Networks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

I did NOT know about number 3!!
    I have wanted that feature for ages! I hate getting calls while I'm streaming media. Ha yes!

Thanks for the tips!
  3. nimr0d82

nimr0d82 Well-Known Member

I do this by holding the power button & volume down. It's easier to do it one handed. Didn't know about the home button route tho. Nice..
    b_randon14 and tcross8361 like this.
  4. tcross8361

tcross8361 Well-Known Member

It does it both ways. I didn't know about the volume down and power button method. Thanks!
  5. nimr0d82

nimr0d82 Well-Known Member

If ya hold down on the notification bar for a sec, you can then slide right or left to change the brightness of the phone. I picked that up on some YouTube video.
  6. notebooko

notebooko Well-Known Member

Really? I thought that was an app called display brightness from the Play Store.
  7. adaaaam

adaaaam Well-Known Member

It's actually a Samsung app called brightness.apk in the root apps folder that is included with most Samsung phones
    nimr0d82 likes this.