Some FB contacts duplicated 40 timesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ChristineO

ChristineO Active Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 18, 2010
    If this has been discussed before, please point me to the thread - I couldn't find anything (but wasn't sure what to search under either).

I have a few FB contacts that are duplicated over 40 times. These are not people that I have on my contact list for my phone (would never intend to call them). So, they don't show up on my 'people' list. But for instance, when I'm going to send a text and type in 'Brian' to bring up the Brian I have in my contacts, it will pull up a Brian I am friends with in FB....and his name/number comes up a million times! I went into his FB account on my phone, and where it shows their e-mail and phone number, it showed FB profile well over 40 times. I don't have my phone set to sync FB contacts either - just gmail (as I didn't want all my FB friends showing up in my people).

This only happens for a few FB contacts - but it sure makes it impossible to find the person I need. Anyone else with this problem? How do I fix it? The only way I've found so far is to 'unfriend' them in FB so they don't appear.

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Jan 19, 2010

I'm not a Facebook user, but I do know that we've seen reports of Facebook sync loops, posted in threads about decaying battery life.

You might want to remedy the loop, if it's happening, by going into your Facebook application management area and clearing cache and data (you'll have to reconfigure Facebook): menu > settings > applications > application management.

You might also want to configure Facebook to manually sync rather than autosync to remedy the possible loop problem.
  3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Jan 7, 2010
    I'm just guessing, but what happens if you go into settings->accounts & sync and delete the Facebook account, and then go back and re-enter it?