• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some features of Go Sms

For well over a year now, I've always been using Go Sms because of the extra (small) features it provided, mainly:

- Phone screen turns on when a text is received
- Re notify after five minutes if I don't answer a text

- Pop up showing me the text I've just received
- Change to a longer vibrate pattern

The two in bold are the priority...the pop up was just a convenience, and the vibrate pattern was irritating in work.

However, I find phone screen on useful....it catches my attention sometimes, even if I don't hear the phone

Renotify after five minutes is vital. Since I've stopped using vibrate (i actually cringe when it rattles the desk in the office) I miss texts on occasion. Normally I notice them...but this was my backup

So I guess my question is....is there an app out there that will allow me to add these features to the default messaging app? Unfortunately I'm not holding out much hope :(

If anyones actually interested in why I'm switching after such a long time using Go Sms and liking the features - The messaging app has had a revamp with the release of Sense 3.0....I really like the layout!

Cheers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones