Some Games/Apps running at lower resolution on my Nexus One compared to my Streak. (56K warning)Support

Last Updated:

1. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

Really sorry for all the screenshots.

I own a Nexus One and Dell Streak and one thing that I find disappointing is that some apps don't run at the native resolution on the Nexus which makes things look blurry compared to my Streak.

Examples: (all screenshots taken with the Android SDK)

ExZeus:
    Nexus:
    [​IMG]
    Streak:
    [​IMG]

Speed Forge 3d:
    Nexus:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Streak:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the Engadget app on both devices:
    Nexus:
    [​IMG]
    Streak:
    [​IMG]

---
    I initally thought that due to the huge difference in screen sizes the N1 may "blow up" the image to look bigger but it seems that Gameloft games run at the native resolution and look fine on both handsets:

---
    N1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Streak:
    [​IMG]

Now, I understand that the PenTile display will have an effect on image quality Vs my Streak but why does the N1 seem to be rendering things in a lower resolution compared to my Streak?

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Dell Streak Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels
    Nexus One Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels

However, AMOLED displays are different than your traditional displays:

3. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

Good point Talderon. I forgot that the Gameloft HD titles were designed for 800x480 displays! :D

It does puzzle me that the N1 is capable of rendering games at 800x480 internally and they display fine on the display (albeit a little blurry due to the AMOLED as you mentioned) but some games like ExZeus seem to be rendering noticeably lower rez on the N1 (to me at least).

I still think my N1 is the best phone I have ever owned tho. Awesome phone, especially with FroYo!