• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some games not liking JellyBean?

TheColdOne

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
The largest issue I have had lately with any apps since moving to 4.1 (and 4.1.1) ROMs is that SEED3 seems to have resolution/DPI issues with certain UI elements. Most sprites (characters, skill icons, etc) seem to be behaving normally, but other things like the in-game menu, title screen menu, as well as the background button images for attack and quick slots are grossly enlarged and make the game near unplayable.

Other issues I've noticed, which may or may not be isolated ot the specific ROM I am currently on, is Inotia 3 and 4 just closing as soon as they try to open. These are backups restored from Titanium, but even uninstalling them and reinstalling from the Play Store has the same results.

So are certain games and apps not quite compatible yet with JB? Or is it that these ROMs are still new and don't quite have the proper phone DPI settings (and maybe those elemetns are adjusting themselves as if they are on a tablet)? It's just annoying and I can't seem to get it fixed no matter what I do (short of going back to ICS).

nope, if you check hot games on google play, nexus 7 owners are losing it that most new game won't work.

but there are still games that don't work on ICS yet still.

gonna be a while, before people update all the apps n games.

you find post similar to this showing up in allow of reviews now.

"Nexus 7 users: do not buy unless you can change the pixel density. The only way is to change the pixel density from 213 to 160"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones