• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some general questions

Hi all,

I've been browsing around and can't seem to find any answers to my questions, of which I have many, so bear with me. I'm 100% new to the Android phone and in particular the Triumph. Keep in mind, these are total noob questions so here goes. My phone is stock as of now and has not been activated through VM yet (I want to play around with it a bit before activating)

1. Is there a way to stop apps from loading up at start. I've downloaded both Advanced Task killer and advanced task cleaner. Both seem to work when I use them to kill apps, but as soon as I close and reopen them, the same apps are there, running. The ones that seem to keep coming back are a flashlight app I down loaded, Maps, and a couple of others.

2. When I connect the MT to my PC, Win 7 64, nothing happens. I cannot access the sd card unless I put it in my card reader. No biggie but a pain in the arse. I was told on another forum that the phone needed to be activated before connecting it to a PC and are able to transfer via the usb. Any truth to that?

Thats all I'll ask for now, but rest assured, there will be more :eek:

Hi all,

I've been browsing around and can't seem to find any answers to my questions, of which I have many, so bear with me. I'm 100% new to the Android phone and in particular the Triumph. Keep in mind, these are total noob questions so here goes. My phone is stock as of now and has not been activated through VM yet (I want to play around with it a bit before activating)

1. Is there a way to stop apps from loading up at start. I've downloaded both Advanced Task killer an cleaner. Both seem to work when I use them to kill apps, but as soon as I close and reopen them, the same apps are there, running. The ones that seem to keep coming back are a flashlight app I down loaded, Maps, and a couple of others.

2. When I connect the MT to my PC, Win 7 64, nothing happens. I cannot access the sd card unless I put it in my card reader. No biggie but a pain in the arse. I was told on another forum that the phone needed to be activated before connecting it to a PC. Any truth to that?

Thats all I'll ask for now, but rest assured, there will be more :eek:

1. You shouldn't use ATK. The Android OS will close down the apps when it needs too. It doesn't operate like Windows and doesn't need much free RAM to do what it needs, and is in fact faster if you do not kill the apps. If you want to learn more about that read here:
http://androidforums.com/introductions/394907-kill-apps.html#post3073253

2. You don't have to have your phone activated, but you might need to download the drivers if your OS doesn't find them automatically.

Upvote 0
That was part of the problem. I never got the usb icon untill I used anycut to do the com port thing. After I switched it to data mode (I think thats what it was called) the icon came up on the top of phone and I got a new cd mounted. After clicking the cd drive, something installed and now, when I plug in the USB cable, a screen pops up on MT saying usb connected with an option to turn on USB storage. Strange how some ppl's phones work with usb out of the box and some dont. Oh well, mine works now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones