Some guidance is needed - HELP!!! ;)Support

Last Updated:

1. Checkingout

Checkingout Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 16, 2010
  2. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Here's what I do to sync google calendar with Outlook 2003. app called gsyncit loads as add-on to Outlook on PC and syncs appointments, contacts, tasks and notes with my calendar on google. Then I use Jorte to sync these between my google calendar and the phone. (Notes sync with google apps, tho I don't use. ) Also trying out Gtasks and like it. You have to hit sync button on Jorte and Gtasks to sync tasks but it works quite well. Any change I make on any of the programs shows up in all the others.
    Pop email was a problem until I realized that my Outlook account was set to remove the email from the POP server once the item was downloaded to my PC. I went into the account and changed it to leave on server for a few days before deleting from the server. Also look at various settings in your phone client. BTW K-9 Mail works much better than the native app on the phone for this. Be sure you also have it set to leave on the server when downloaded. Also a setting that asks whether you want items deleted on your phone also deleted from the server. If you have that set, and delete an item before the other application's account polls the server, that item will be missing. Once this was done, everything is working just as I like it and is no more trouble than Verizons old Wireless Sync monitor and app. was.
    I hope other forums members can address some of your other problems as I haven't encountered them yet.