2. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

twospirits likes this.
  3. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Put a keyboard on and id be all over this

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i honestly don't know, i know alot of people want one, and maybe evo2 will have one but i think it would make the thing just too big all around, it's already kinda pushing the boundaries, it's thinness is it's saving grace in my opinion, i think a KB would maybe kill it for ALOT of people

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Screw a keyboard on this thing... have you seen how huge the virtual keyboard is already? If you can't use one on a 4.3" screen, you must have either bad eyea, or incredible hulk fingers. I'm speaking of course using it landscape style of course though. It's just a beastly big phone. If it had a keyboard AND was as thick as my Moment, no way in hell this would fit in a pocket unless you're wearing super-bag pants with pockets big enough hide a mac-10 in. Keeping this thing keyboard free, I think for this phone, was a good choice. The HTC keyboard is better than stock android, and has calibration to your touch style(s). It's fine, IMO. (I use it on my Moment =P)

6. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I agree. I have in past posts, wanted the successor to this phone to include a keyboard and be a world phone, but looking at the videos and in folks hand, I think its just about right in size. Adding a keyboard will make it too big and alot of folks may not like the extra size.

TS out

7. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest This Topic's Starter

Yeah a 4.3" screen is big enough for me, I don't need the added bulk of a keyboard. I'm considering just using a screen protector and no case to keep the bulk as minimal as possible but I'll see.

The Phonedog video (first one) I updated the thread with shows the front facing camera in action at the 4:35 mark.

8. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

nah... the virtual keyboard is so massive, it renders the need for a physical keyboard moot... :D

9. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

screen size alone almost makes the EVO 4G too hard to resist!! :D (keep in mind I have a Nexus - why I say *almost* :p )

I mean, check out the size comparison... although the vibrancy of the AMOLED is clearly superior.... so tough call...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I wonder if there's anything with the EVO side by side the HD2

11. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I did find this ... talk about 2 show stoppers :D

[​IMG]

DCLocal and Covert_Death like this.
  12. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest This Topic's Starter

Actually checked out the HD2 today at T-Mobile (non-working model) and it fit in my hand pretty nicely and I can definitely pocket it no problems. It's pretty thin and the EVO 4G is only going to be a bit thicker. 4.3" seems like the perfect size screen :D

On a side note I didn't like the hardware buttons on HD2, they felt very cheap but maybe it was just that store model.