• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some Help me Please

rayhan23

Lurker
Dec 16, 2012
Hi All,

I would really appreciate if any of you know the solution to my problem.

Just bought a new nexus 7 , the battery on the device seems to be faulty (correct me if i am wrong) it doesn't charge. The device comes on when you keep the charger on and then completely goes off the moment you take the usb cable off. The device shows that the battery can run for over 9 hours however battery charge % is 0 and the status is unknown.

I have tried holding the power button for even over thirty seconds but it still didn't work for me. the device reboots and I can manage to get it in again if the cable is connected.

I have left the device on charge all night after it died to on me once but still the battery doesnt seems to be charging !!

please help !!!!

In addition to the 30 second power button fix, this thread suggests trying another usb cable. Someone one the 2nd page also suggests that the battery cable may be loose inside the device. If you're handy you could try to fix it yourself. Please note that if you do any damage while attempting to repair it yourself you will void your warranty. http://androidforums.com/nexus-7/594627-nexus-7-dead-wont-charge.html

If it is convenient I would definitely return the device.

Upvote 0
As it was a brand new device, opening and trying to replace a battery or fixing a cable would have been silly as it would have thrown the warranty out in the bin. It was the battery at fault that's my analysis suggested. I logged a fault with google and then passed that fault number to the store who will now replace the device for me.

Upvote 0
You can do that no problem I was just saying it was a super easy fix there are no stickers or anything that can prove you opened the back so worrying about a warranty is kind of mute unless you brag about opening it to a Asus employee it is just waiting weeks for them when you can do it your self in 2 minutes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones