Some help Plox

1. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

mk...so having some trouble with my internet and so i called up sprint and was all like "so wdf?"...the rep was like "ok 1 second plox" and then did somethin and now i has no interwebs...so then i was like "uhhh da fuu u do to ma fone?" rep was like "uhh let me get u over to da tech dapatment" so after i was transfered teh tech rep was like "uhh let me get u over to ma supavizor" so i got to the supavizor and she said "o chu is screwed since ur rooted, chu need to unroot and go stock den chu can re root chur fone and be rockin dat awesomness of ICS on dat evo 4g but wif interwebs dis time"

Ok, so now that the funny stuff is out of the way. Basically Sprint sent me an OTA update and now my phone has no internet. The supervisor told me to unroot and do the update then reroot my phone and I should be fine just not to bother with their crappy tech reps anymore about my problems. So, my question is...how can I unroot. I have tried the RUU method as well as the PC136 method but neither of those have worked for me. I am confused, help plox.

Advertisement
  2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog VIP Member

Your going to have to help us by explaining what root method you used? What is your current Hboot? Are you having trouble with the RUU method on the phone or using the Computer Method?
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Well thats interesting. You got the updated H-boot even though you rooted with rEVOlutionary.

Flashing a stock ROM could fix the issue rather than having to completely unroot.
    MusicJunkie and ocnbrze like this.
  5. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

well i have to do basically download the update they sent to my phone so i dont know if a stock rom will have what i need to do it...i will try a stock rom tho if anything for elimination of wrong answers lol...anyone got a link?
  6. Rxpert83

MusicJunkie and ocnbrze like this.
  7. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

Installing now. Hope this works, I miss my interwebs.
  8. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

Won't install new rom, here is the error.

9. argedion

Try to redownload
  10. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

Same error. I am trying the deoxed version now.
  11. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

Same error occured with Deodex...
  12. argedion

Are you buy chance trying to do this through ROM Manager? If so goto RX's dl link and download on your computer then transfer to the root of the SDCARD, that is the very top level "/sdcard/" reboot phone into recovery and wipe with Superwipe (If you have cwm then I highly recommend you get Amon RA. think you will need amon ra to use superwipe. ROM Manager is very buggy and we recommend you get rid of it.

for more on flashing go here
    ocnbrze and Rxpert83 like this.
  13. Rxpert83

Yep, you need RA for superwipe.
  14. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

Hey RX I just tried the 467 from tommy and the file is infact bad Im getting the same error.
    ocnbrze and Rxpert83 like this.
  15. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

<shakes head>

You called Sprint and told them that you rooted your phone?

And they kept talking to you?
  16. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

When I told them I had ICS on my Evo they wanted to know more lol.
  17. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

You forget that megaupload is gone foreva.

Also, how to use superwipe? I found a download for it on XDA but not to sure how to use it.
    NVM didnt work.
  18. Rxpert83

ocnbrze likes this.
  19. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

I started superwipe but it aborted saying that amend scripting isnt supported and to go with edify scripting
  20. Rxpert83

Sounds like you aren't using Amon Ra as your recovery. CWM wont work
  21. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

ok so i gots to get amon ra as my recovery now...ok..links?

nvm u gave it to me...amon ra u gave me is to old my boot loader said...
  22. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

Ok. So I was able to get Amon Ra as the recovery and i did superwipe. However this still didn't fix the fact that I have no stock rom. Any suggestions?
  23. OGChiger

OGChiger Member

I fixed everything..Thank you all for helping me out.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  24. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Well-Known Member