Some help with my Behold II Please

Last Updated:

1. ang35847

ang35847 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I am new to this forum and somewhat new to the smartphone world. I have searched here on several occasions and found the answers I needed. It's been very helpful. I bought my Behold II knowing that a lot of people were very upset about the update that will not happen. My first Android experience so I figured I would be ok with 1.6. So far I am happy and have no major issues with my phone. Tmobile has been great to me for 10 + years and I hate learning that they have treated some people so poorly. I always thought they had the best customer service. The only issue I had with this phone was I could not get the My Account app to work (it still does not work) and told them I was tired of calling them about it, they simply did away with my contract because of this issue so after 2 wks I have no contract and I could upgrade again so I was satisfied. I would love to see them do an upgrade to those who were lied to. I would like to ask a few questions though and thought this was the best place to do it. I sometimes read the posts and am not sure if they are in reference to a phone that has been rooted or not. Mine is not and at this point I don't think I want to do this as I am considering an upgrade for the Vibrant. Still undecided.

1. When I download wallpapers from apps that I have installed they are distorted. The forums say to resize, which I did on my phone and they are still the same. Do I have to use the preloaded wallpapers to have them look right? Those are so limited.

2. Is panda home for rooted phones?

3. If I only install apps from the market, do I need to download some kind of anti virus app?

4. Is there an app that allows you to store the apps on the card rather than the phone memory?

I think that's it, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ang35847

Like I said, new to this and as I was trying to figure out where to go for any replies I may get, I noticed the Sticky that said this is for introductions not questions. I clicked the pic that said say hello and posted my initial message so I did not realize this. I apologize. I will try to locate the proper place to post the questions, or someone can direct me as well. Thanks!

3. marcelo_lopez

marcelo_lopez Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums !

1. When I download wallpapers from apps that I have installed they are distorted. The forums say to resize, which I did on my phone and they are still the same. Do I have to use the preloaded wallpapers to have them look right? Those are so limited.

Short answer is no, you're not stuck to the wallpapers that came with your phone. Some wallpapers are made for higher resolution phones, and so might look distorted on the BH2. I'd look around on the Android market and look for wallpapers that are for HVGA ( that's the resolution of our phone ). Alternatively, once you get more familiar with the phone, you'll see that you can set almost any HVGA ( 320 x 480 pixel ) image as your wallpaper.

2. Is panda home for rooted phones?

No panda home is not only for rooted phones. On another note, I would recommend personally, either ADW Launcher or Home++, both of which seem to work just fine on the BH2, with very little to no noticeable slowdown. I've personally both, and currently I'm using ADW Launcher, though Home++ is a little simpler.

3. If I only install apps from the market, do I need to download some kind of anti virus app?

I would say for the most part, no. It can't hurt, and there are a couple of reasonable "antivirus" applications for Android 1.6, but I've yet run to across a case where I'd feel I needed it. But if you're the more cautious sort, then by all means, far be it from me to dissuade you from protecting yourself.

4. Is there an app that allows you to store the apps on the card rather than the phone memory?

There is a method called app2sd for doing so, but presently for the BH2, requires that the phone be rooted, to perform. I would look in the "all things root" of the Behold 2 forum, and get yourself more comfortable with your phone, and some more technical aspects regarding your handset. Then you judge for yourself if you feel this is where you want to venture out with your BH2.

Good luck to you...and if you decide to upgrade to the Vibrant...congratulations.

ang35847 likes this.
  4. ang35847

Thanks for welcoming me and thanks for the quick answers! I will definitely search the wallaper apps again now that I have this info. I really would like to try and change the appearance just for something different once in a while so I am glad to see I can do that. I will check out your suggestions on that as well. Thanks again!

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!