Some Help With Unrevoked 3

Last Updated:

1. bobadopalis

bobadopalis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Finally my desire is arriving tomorrow (after a lot of complications but that's another story), and i will be rooting it, Ive seen plenty of guides and read through them, but obviously the simplest one seems to be unrevoked, is it really as simple as plugging the phone in and doing its thing? or does it depend on boot screen etc? and im using a mac if that makes a difference?

thanks and sorry if this has been answered before

Advertisement
  2. thomsonga

thomsonga Active Member

You'll need to install the USB drivers etc as the guide suggests. It does depend on what version of HBOOT your handset has, and what type of screen it has, but there's plenty of guides out there once you've obtained this information.

3. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

There is a whole thread about it called 'one click method' or something similar but as thomsonga says check your Hboot version especially as its a new phone.

bobadopalis likes this.
  4. bobadopalis

thanks for your responses guys, looks like im going to have to wait for it to arrive as i thought to be 100% sure. should be here soon cant wait

5. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

If it any help the least you can do is hold power+vol down to boot into Hboot and check the version number. You can do that without any fear of changing anything from stock. Just reboot once you read off the loader version.

6. bobadopalis

phone arrived today and checked. 0.75 and im nearly 100% sure its an slcd after running a screen test. now my problem is all the guides for unrevoked seem to be for pc, im doing it on a mac. does anyone have a rough guide for mac?

7. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

You can run unrevoked3 on a Mac, just download it and follow the instructions.

Don't try to use old rooting methods, it will break your screen.

8. bobadopalis

yeah i got it rooted with unrevoked 3. now my problem is installing a custom rom. following this
    How To: Load a Custom ROM on the HTC Desire | TheUnlockr
    but when i try to do step 7 it goes to a black screen and i have to press the power button to get back to the green and black screen

EDIT: NVM flashing modacom r8 now, its supposed to have a2sd+ on it allready. i no i have to format the memory card i think? what else do i have to do to activate a2sd+? thanks

9. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

All you should have to do is format and partition the memory card correctly. It should then use Apps2SD+ by default.