Some links to help you to ICS Now with .246 FXZ (updated 10/23/12)General

1. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I added a link to this thread in the Reference document.

... Thom
    knightend, tapatalk and dautley like this.
  3. dautley

Added full .905 FXZ file
  4. CoreyOli

CoreyOli Well-Known Member

Well tried doing the update booted into recovery process started then it aborted with an assert failure.... I cleared data and cache etc... have tried a couple times it just wont go... any clues?

Im using the file from your link above..

Thanks

-Corey
  5. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

have you ever rooted, used safe strap or bootstrap, froze any app?
  6. CoreyOli

CoreyOli Well-Known Member

Oddly enough it worked and is done now... i simply had to unplug the wall charger.... lol
  7. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

I don't know if the problem was me or you (probably me) but the download of .232 wouldn't finish. It cheerfully downloaded for 15 minutes, told me it had downloaded all MBs of the MBs of the file (sorry, can't remember the exact number), and that I had "0" seconds left to download, but it never completely finished it off. When I closed Chrome at that point (after it did nothing else for several minutes) the download showed up in my Downloads menu as "Cancelled."

I repeated. Same result. Tried (probably stupidly) to proceed with what I'd downloaded and (not surprisingly) got an error. Ended up having to download it from someplace else.
  8. dautley

Adara are you talking about the first link, ICS. 232? It just downloaded fine for me and looks like it has 55 downloads. Maybe MediaFire was having a problem. Sorry you couldn't complete your download.

Has anyone else had trouble getting this file?
  9. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

Yeppers.
  10. guttyla

guttyla Well-Known Member

That first ics leak 232 when downloaded is named blur version 905....is that the correct file for ics 232?
  11. OutOfPhase

yes. moto names their files by what you need to be on to use that update.
    bronxpixie and xiteg79 like this.
  12. dautley

Added ICS leak 6.7.235 (no FXZing back to Gingerbread .905 if you flash this)
    bronxpixie likes this.
  13. xiteg79

xiteg79 Well-Known Member

I am a bit of a newb when it comes to this but I went ahead and copied the zip onto my external and then booted into the recovery mode and I cannot select an option to install the zip. I am running .905 currently and wanting to go to .232

any suggestions?
  14. dautley

To apply any of the ICS leaks
    !! WARNING: ONLY PROCEED WITH FULLY CHARGED BATTERY !!
    1.) You must start with stock, unmodified 5.9.905 system. (Rooted is ok).
    2.) Download the update onto your external sd-card.
    3.) Power down your phone.
    4.) Hold down both volume buttons, then press power button.
    5.) Select recovery by pressing volume down then volume up.
    6.) At the fancy logo press both volume buttons.
    7.) Select "apply update" and then select the file downloaded in step 1 (Use vol up/down to navigate and power to select).
    8.) Reboot.
  15. xiteg79

xiteg79 Well-Known Member

sonuva...

I must have a crooked eye or something. I was pushing the volume down and the power button to get into the recovery mode!

Many, many thanks sir! :D
  16. dragonking37

dragonking37 Member

First, thanks for all the help to those of us less tech knowledged. Quick question, I downloaded and have successfully used ICS for a few weeks now. Unfortunately damaged my phone but through insurance have just gotten a replacement. Would it be best to go back to 905 before I send it back? I'm running 6.7.2233 and loving it.
  17. dautley

Asurion use to not care but I don't know how they are these days, if possible you should go back to .905 so you can return a completely stock phone just to be on the safe side. Remember ICS is a leak and officially were not suppose to have it yet
    dragonking37 likes this.
  18. dragonking37

dragonking37 Member

Thanks again. I'm in the process of downloading 905 now but close to two hours? Wow, didn't think it was going to take that long. Well, wish me luck and I truely thank you and all the others who make this site possible.
  19. dragonking37

dragonking37 Member

Yup, I just finished getting the copy to the sd card and tried 3 times. It says E: signature verification failed/ Instal aborted

Ok, so I went back and looked over everything and found I did NOT use the RSD Lite. So I will go back and download that and retry it again.
  20. dautley

Your flashing .232 with stock recovery on top of unmodified .905 as per post #14 in this thread, correct? you don't use RSD to flash ICS leaks.
    dragonking37 likes this.
  21. OutOfPhase

dragonking37 likes this.
  22. dragonking37

dragonking37 Member

Yup, this is the broken phone I'm sending back and did get it to 905 with RSDlite. My replacement phone is on 905 too but I think I'm going to go back and ICS it again. I have tasted the IceCream and it is good. Now that I know how to go back to 905 and be able to get OTA updates when it does finally come out it should be easy. Once again, many thanks.
  23. zcamp2011

zcamp2011 Member

Hey Dragon,flash .232 from sd card,from power up ,holding volume up/down and power,to .905 use rsd.
    I'm tired of waiting on Moto and Vz,I might stay on .232.I'm done begging for an update!,Save those files!!!!
  24. zcamp2011

zcamp2011 Member

Bought my girl a htc rhyme ,the word is the ics update is coming any day for it.I will be absolutely disappointed in both the powers that be if that comes before the bionic.
  25. SlayersRage

SlayersRage Well-Known Member

I get an error every time I try to download the file on my phone