1. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Which file?

Advertisement
  2. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

3. SlayersRage

SlayersRage Well-Known Member

Its the. 232 file, It just says download unsuccessful, no other error. It downloads on my PC fine
  4. johnlgalt

So copy it over to the sd card via the USB cable.

That's how i do it anyway, b/c i always verify the MD5 first, and that is easier on my computer.
  5. SlayersRage

How do I check the MD5 checksums? Sorry, I'm all new to this
  6. johnlgalt

In windows i USSR a utility called HashTab, it integrates into windows explorer, so that you just select the file, right click, select properties, then pick the hash tab.

There are other utilities as well, but this is by far the most user friendly one that i have found
  7. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

johnlgalt likes this.
  8. johnlgalt

Thanks. It's a PITA to find and attach links in Tapatalk....
  9. SlayersRage

Thanks guys...looks like I will install ICS 2night
  10. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

When ICS comes out OTA, should we expect a quick update or 2 to address any bugs that usually come out with a major OS upgrade?

Or is this a different thing where it will be pretty much stable from release and only updated no more frequently than we see now?
  11. johnlgalt

My bet is not to expect a quick update, b/c the RAZR owners were like beta testers for us. It's also why it us Aug 1st and we still don't have an update.
  12. mrdrh99

mrdrh99 Well-Known Member

Need help, i've tried to flash about 5 times now....I keep getting e signature verification failed....I'm total stock 905.....help!
  13. OutOfPhase

What are you trying to flash? Are you rooted? If you are or were rooted did you freeze or delete any apps?
  14. mrdrh99

mrdrh99 Well-Known Member

No root at all, trying to flash the first link posted in the thread, I haven't frozen or deleted any apps that I haven't downloaded off the market (play store)
    ! I was rooted by one of the "one click" root apps a while back but got rid of it a long long tinge ago!
  15. OutOfPhase

It is possible that the old root left something behind that is interfering. It is also speculated that the reason ICS has not been released yet is because some Bionics are having problems updating to ICS. You can use the stock modified 5.9.905 fxz file in this thread. It will restore your system if there was something wrong but keep your data at the same time. http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-9-902-5-9-905-rsdlite.html When that is done try and flash the 6.7.232 leak again
  16. SlayersRage

17. Ferro

Ferro New Member

OK, I have the 232 update sitting on my SD card. I have all the pics, mp3 files, etc. I want to save, on my computer. My real major concern is my contacts. If Back Up assistant is available on 232, I'm all set. If not, is thre a way to store my contacts on my computer? Thanks!
  18. OutOfPhase

You won't loose contacts when updating but if you do back up assistant works.
  19. Ferro

Ferro New Member

Thank you very much to Dautley and dfib. I flashed over to 232 this morning. I lost absolutely nothing. The way I did my flash was to download 232 on my computer and then transfer it to my phone. While it was on my computer, I opened the zip file out of sheer curiosity. I noticed all the Verizon bloatware in there - blockbuster, some NFL app, etc. Can you remove all that crap before you install? I didn't even try, kind of wish now that I had.
  20. OutOfPhase

you cant remove them before.
  21. prl77

prl77 Member

I'm on rooted 905 now. I've used Titanium to freeze some bloat and Autorun Manager to disable some intents receivers. Should I try to return everything as close to the bone as possible before upgrading to the 232 leak?

Also, just to double check, do I just copy the whole zip file to external storage? Or are there just certain files that need to be extracted?

Thanks!
  22. johnlgalt

Yes, pure stock. Restore everything to default / unfreeze everything.

You copy the whole file, do not extract anything.
  23. OutOfPhase

never mind John answer it
  24. prl77

prl77 Member

Ok, did all that.
    When trying to apply the update, however, I get the following:

--Install /sdcard ...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    Verifying current system...
    assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/mount_ext3.sh","1810bb2cd607[...]","3a838[...]")
    E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

And I'm returned to the system recovery utility.

Tried running again and this time similar results except the line:

assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system")
  25. prl77

prl77 Member

Upon further research, it appears that this is related to MD5 checksum failure on the mount_ext3.sh file. I did have forever_root but removed the lines by editing the file as per post #7 here: Status 7 when trying to install the ICS Leak

However, this did not help the issue.