• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some links to help you to ICS Now with .246 FXZ (updated 10/23/12)

I am running a stock 5.9.905 ROOTED but nothing frozen. I downloaded the Blur_Version.5.9.905 to 6.7.232.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip and installed it on the root of my external SD card.

I have attempted to apply the update three times and get the following:

-- Install / sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapp
er", "4a63fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a". "16ec
2444c44c8e2a73a969cb49834d6f6fe229d7")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I am running a stock 5.9.905 ROOTED but nothing frozen. I downloaded the Blur_Version.5.9.905 to 6.7.232.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip and installed it on the root of my external SD card.

I have attempted to apply the update three times and get the following:

-- Install / sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapp
er", "4a63fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a". "16ec
2444c44c8e2a73a969cb49834d6f6fe229d7")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Do you have bootstrap or safestrap installed? If you are set on flashing the leak you could use a modified 5.9.905 and restore your system to complete stock without losing data, flash the leak and then root.

http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-9-902-5-9-905-rsdlite.html

Upvote 0
you can try and remove bootstrap following these instructions I copy from xda-developers - View Single Post - [CWM On Boot][Any Razr][for Bootstrap] CWM Recovery Auto Boot PKG.

Originally Posted by tgeigel
How do I remove this? I want to install safestrap and I read this file must be removed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
It's complicated to remove.
Because, it must also be removed CWM recovery.

Follow the below with very careful:

Please work with RootExplorer.

[Removing CWM on Boot]
1) Delete file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode
2) Rename file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode.bin to /system/bin/mot_boot_mode

[Removing CWM Recovery]
1) Delete file /system/bin/logwrapper
2) Delete file /system/bin/hijack
3) Rename file /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper
4) Delete directory /preinstall/recovery

But, Own Your Risk!

Good luck!

If that does not work use the modified 5.9.905 fxz file from the link I posted earlier

Upvote 0
So, I found you guys. Alright, I'm going to ask what I have read on here that has been asked before but I want to make without a shadow of a doubt that I don't screw up my Bionic. I love this phone and I don't want anything to go wrong with it. So, what is my process for moving to ICS? I am not rooted and I won't root this phone. So with that out of the way I have downloaded on my laptop RSDLite and the other file called Blur_Version.

Also alot of people have asked will you loose data when changing over? I ask that as well. I don't want to loose how my screens are set up right now so will it just load ICS and everything I have set up will stay the same, is it that smart? I realize some of these questions are repeated and some are a bit stupid but I'm asking honestly here as I really truly don't want to screw this phone up. Mostly because I really don't want to have to set it all back up again with a replacement.

Thanks again everyone and hopefully I'll be on ICS soon because I'm not patient enough to wait for the OTA.

Upvote 0
Did I mention that I'm NOT very PATIENT!!?? (taps foot) LOL

ok patient man (woman). I would use 6.7.232 leak.

To apply any of the ICS leaks
!! WARNING: ONLY PROCEED WITH FULLY CHARGED BATTERY !!
1.) You must start with stock, unmodified 5.9.905 system. (Rooted is ok).
2.) Download the update onto your external sd-card.
3.) Power down your phone.
4.) Hold down both volume buttons, then press power button.
5.) Select recovery by pressing volume down then volume up.
6.) At the fancy logo press both volume buttons.
7.) Select "apply update" and then select the file downloaded in step 1 (Use vol up/down to navigate and power to select).
8.) Reboot.

this was copied and pasted from previous post.....:)

Reactions: knitpurlgurl
Upvote 0
I appreciate the help. I'm not going to root this phone. I just want to be on ICS. Now will I loose how my phone is set up right now? And will I be able to go back to stock once the update hits? If it ever hits. Lol. Thanks again!

The orientation of icons and widgets will be different with ICS. It is more customizable than GB however.

You will be able to return to stock GB .905 from ICS build 6.7.232 using RSD lite and the 905 FXZ.

You could also use SamuriHL's House of Bionic to move from .232 to the OTA build without app or data loss if/when that time comes.

Upvote 0
OK, so it took three attempts at selecting the file in order to get it to start the loading process. I kept getting the E:signature verification failed. I think my issue was the sd card wasn't seated quite all the way for some reason. I was lucky enough to leave the back off of my phone in case of a battery pull and what have you. So anyways, I got it all installed and now my phone is rebooting....let's hope I didn't just screw something up. I followed directions to a "T". Fully charged...check download and put file onto sd card.....check power down phone and follow steps to install update....check!

Upvote 0
Alright I'm on ICS and I must say having never seen it before other than a few screen shots here and there, it is like having a brand new phone! The quality of the display seems improved for me and I love being able to put multiple apps in the drawer at the bottom, that is one KICKASS idea and I love it! Only one question...where did the task killer go running off to? Is it replaced with smart actions now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones