Some missing Google/Calendar syncsSupport

Last Updated:

1. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I entered a years worth (2011) of appointments in Google calendar; mainly on Sundays but a few other days as well.

I then left the automatic sync with my Desire to update the phone.

I was then looking at the appointments when I noticed that some had not synced. These are all those whose date in 2011 is later than this years date e.g. an appointment in Google for Sunday 20th November 2011 has synced to my Desire but the appointment from 27th November 2011 has not; nor have those for the rest of the Sundays in 2011.

Over the two last days I have also done several manual syncs and rebooted phone.

Some weeks ago I entered an appointment for 2012 and this has synced. I also brought forward a lot of appointments from my Palm TX, most for 2010 but one for July 2015, and these all synced.

Today I added two more appointments. On before 24th November 2011 and one after; the one before synced but the one after did not. I have also deleted one of the missing appointments from Google and re-entered it; still not on my Desire even after a manual sync.

Is it possible that the Desire has a limit of say the number of entries or only one years worth from today's date (that does not explain the 2012 and 2015 appointments synced at an earlier time!)

Any advice please?

Advertisement
  2. gwarusselll

gwarusselll New Member

I have almost exactly the same problem on an HTC Desire HD.
    ie..

Events up to (about) one year from now 2011 sync ok
    events beyond that in 2011 don't.
    recurring events that start before the one year point seem to recur beyond that ok.

I wonder if this is a limitation of google calendar or maybe something to do with the phone app. I have looked through all of the relevant settings but cant see any options referring to how far forward to sync.

It is very annoying as I am unable to reliably add appointments using my phone if they occur more than a year from now.

3. roark3

roark3 New Member

It's not limited to your type of phone because I have a droid x and recurrent events sync fine but individual events won't sync past November 21, 2011. I only created my google calendar about a week ago and the cut-off date hasn't changed. I've reset my phone to factory settings, set up a brand new pretty much empty google calendar for testing purposes, made sure all my time zones (google general, individual settings for google calendar, phone, windows) were set to eastern standard, etc. Nothing works. My only hope is that, about 3 weeks from now (about a month from when I first noticed the problem), the cut-off date advances a month. Still, it's sorta crappy that google calendar and android don't work together well. I've searched all over and I can't find any response from google about this issue.

4. d.chatten

d.chatten Well-Known Member

I posted a thread on this very issue a couple of weeks ago, i only got one person (bunnisher) reply in that thread so i'm none the wiser (link below), i'd love to know whats causing this problem, as i stated in the thread below, i don't have this issue with four other android phones i have here, although the other devices a running android 2.1, but my desire is running 2.2, bug with 2.2 baybe?

http://androidforums.com/desire-support-troubleshooting/231744-htc-calender-uk-holidays.html

5. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now we are in December 2010 stock Calendar has synced to December 2011 in Google Calendar.

Not what I want so will probably buy:-

Pimlico Software home page

as that does not use the stock calendar.