1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Some missing Google/Calendar syncs

Last Updated:

1. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted this in the HTC Desire Tips and Tricks forum but think that may have been the wrong place, so trying here.

I entered a years worth (2011) of appointments in Google calendar; mainly on Sundays but a few other days as well.

I then left the automatic sync with my HTC Desire to update the phone.

I was then looking at the appointments when I noticed that some had not synced. These are all those whose date in 2011 is later than this years date e.g. an appointment in Google for Sunday 20th November 2011 has synced to my Desire but the appointment from 27th November 2011 has not; nor have those for the rest of the Sundays in 2011.

Over the two last days I have also done several manual syncs and rebooted phone.

Some weeks ago I entered an appointment for 2012 and this has synced. I also brought forward a lot of appointments from my Palm TX, most for 2010 but one for July 2015, and these all synced.

Today I added two more appointments. On before 24th November 2011 and one after; the one before synced but the one after did not. I have also deleted one of the missing appointments from Google and re-entered it; still not on my Desire even after a manual sync.

Is it possible that the Desire has a limit of say the number of entries or only one years worth from today's date (that does not explain the 2012 and 2015 appointments synced at an earlier time!)

This morning I entered a further appointment for today and that has synced to my Desire. The others still not have.

I also sync Google Calendar to Outlook on my Desktop; this has synced correctly.

Any advice please?

Advertisement
  2. athegn

Anyone?

Using Jorte 1.2.10

3. bpepper0822

bpepper0822 New Member

My wife and I had this problem too. Go to settings-applications and clear all data and cache for the stock calendar AND calendar storage as well as jorte and any 3rd party calendar you have (This is because 3rd party calendar apps pull their data from the stock program). Then, either let it auto-sync or manually sync it (we did) and everything should be there.

Good Luck!

cjt likes this.
  4. athegn

Thank you for your reply.

I tried your advice but it did not work; in fact I un-installed Jorte just leaving the stock calendar then cleared that and re-synced but still the same missing events?

5. anitamargaritaontherocks

anitamargaritaontherocks New Member

I am also having problems with calendar synching between Droid X and Gmail/Google. Google has the correct calendar, but my phone doesn't. The phone only has this month's events and none of the past events. I have tried going to applications / running, forcing the calendar to stop, and clearing the cache. My Data Delivery settings have Background Data, Data Roaming, and Data Roaming all turned on. Still no synching.

I also don't now how to get my phone contacts to sync w/ Google's (I am still a newbie....) Can anyone help?

6. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

Is your Google Calendar sync on? Check it at:
    Menu/settings/accounts/your @gmail.com. Make sure Sync Calendar is checked.
    If there's no box to check, you may have to do a factory reset.

7. athegn

I still need help.

I am in the same position; a new event added today or in the near future will sync but events a year ahead will not nor will events much older than one month.

When I first synced these events I was using 2.1 OS; could 2.2 be the culprit?

Note -Anniversaries load ok and carry over to later years. Also Jorte now uninstalled.

8. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

9. athegn

Thank you for the link but that method did not work either.

10. Drg7

Drg7 Member

Although it's been a long time since the last post, I found a solution to this problem and would like to post it for anyone who is dropping on this page from a google search (like me), which I did with another similar thread in these forums. The problem seems to be that for some events (mostly bdays) whose start date is set a long time ago (sometime before 1960 but I'm not exactly sure about the date) the calendar does not sync the data according to the (probably default) sync settings. The solution is to change the start date of the event from the google calendar (put a date in the current or previous year) and sync again. It solved my problem on my Galaxy S