• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some more info- some more help please

So I got the LG Optimus Net when my Galaxy went haywire and we were less than a year from an upgrade. It was supposed to last me until then and would have had I not dumped it in a glass of pepsi.

Off to my carrier I went on Sunday and bought a replacement and this new brand new phone is freezing from wake mode almost every 5 minutes. Thing is, when it is plugged into the charger it works just fine- no freezing, nothing. When it is unplugged, I can use everything. Wi-fi- apps, internet, make calls, recieve calls, text- everything. Except it freezes when I try to wake it after it has sat idle for a few minutes. Seems to be the only thing that is freezing it and it only happens when not plugged into the charger.

Any thoughts? Ideas? It did this almost immediately after we put my SIM card in and I left the store. I thought the battery was dead as it was a new phone and needed to be charged. Charged up fine, worked great, take it off the charger and the freezing starts.

I am thinking that it is an actual phone issue and not a software or app thing. All apps (2 of them) I put on I took off- no difference. Nothing from my pepsi bathed phone is in this new phone...its ALL NEW.

Just curious to see what people have to say.

I have been super happy with this little phone as I wait for our upgrade. It does an awesome job for what I need it to do :)

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones