• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Some more SetCPU questions

Hey all, got some great help last night getting setcpu up and running and there is some difference, mostly because I'm using LWP. I just had some questions on setting it up correctly. On the main page, you have the two scroll bars (I have both set to 710 and haven't had any problems) , under that is the Scaling option, What exactly does that do, and how should it be set for the balance between performance and battery life?
Follow up question, under profiles, is there any recommended profiles I should set up? Currently I have Screen off: 528/528 on demand with priority 50 (not sure what all of this means though). Are there any others that should be established?

Thank you all in advance,

Rez

Hey all, got some great help last night getting setcpu up and running and there is some difference, mostly because I'm using LWP. I just had some questions on setting it up correctly. On the main page, you have the two scroll bars (I have both set to 710 and haven't had any problems) , under that is the Scaling option, What exactly does that do, and how should it be set for the balance between performance and battery life?
Follow up question, under profiles, is there any recommended profiles I should set up? Currently I have Screen off: 528/528 on demand with priority 50 (not sure what all of this means though). Are there any others that should be established?

Thank you all in advance,

Rez

Rez, it looks like you might benefit from this tutorial:

YouTube - Application Tutorial Series - SetCPU

Upvote 0
Battery life for those who like to overclock really benefits from low sleep profile settings and not over doing the main setting: 710/528 with 245/245 for sleep, I've found.

When over 710, especially at 768, I noticed drain, real drain. I tried to stem that with the sleep settings, but that 58 difference from 768 to 710 did it, and even the heat factor went way down.

710 seems to be the best for our little ole 528 CPU.

In xtrROMs I don't overclock at all.

Upvote 0
I checked out that little youtube vid and set up my profiles to match his, with some minor changes like setting things to on demand. Right now the only reason I'm overclocking xtrROM is because I really like having LWP (which I'm searching for more). It keeps the missus from bragging about how much better her phone is. :) I wish there were LWP on xtrSense, but I'm just gonna pick up Launcher pro and I want to make sure I get no hiccups. Thanks frisco, I'll try and use that suggestion for sleep settings if my current ones don't work out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones