some news about 2.1 on the droid

Last Updated:

1. jimbubba3

jimbubba3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just saw a post online saying that the droid won't be getting some of the 3d aspects of the 2.1 update but they said the cliq would. Does that make any sense ? If the cliq can run it I would assume the droid could.

Advertisement
  2. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

source?...i find that very unlikely

3. jimbubba3

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Hey, here's a thought ... why don't we hang tight and see what actually happens instead off guessing and speculating??? Just a thought. I know I can get kinda crazy sometimes. :rolleyes:

5. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

man your out of your mind, the world is ending in 2012 who has time to wait :confused::confused::confused::confused: :rolleyes::cool::D

6. jimbubba3

Speculation is the best part of the 2.1 update. No one knows what will truly happen. We all know that waiting to see what happens is inevitable,we have no choice but to wait. I just like seeing what everyone is saying.

7. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

i just dont see how the cliq could get something over the droid..not only is the droid the more popular phone right now but its more capable

8. Cerebral Assasn

Cerebral Assasn New Member

I think most of what is being said in the previous link was just speculation on the part of the website. Looking at a couple of other websites...they state that the Motorola CEO says that Droid will get the upgrade, but that's as far as he went....

Motorola: Droid, Cliq Getting Updates - Reviews by PC Magazine

I think it's all speculation at this point. We all know Droid is capable, so I assume we will get the 2.1 update with all the features....

9. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

i heard you can control your microwave AND your wife with the 2.1 update.....THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

10. jimbubba3

My thoughts exactly. I am going to assume that its a miss print and they meant to say the cliq won't have the 3d features. I running humancyborgs 2.1 rom on my droid as we speek and its runs almost perfect so I know it can handle 2.1

11. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that the nexus doesn't have any htc skins over the stock android, so if that is the stock android it will be the same thing on the droid

12. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

the 2.1 droid update will be identical to what is in the Nexus One, since it is stock. And if for some reason its not, just root your phone and make it so. Simple

13. jimbubba3

I had contemplated unrooting my droid, and then I came to my senses. Once everything is open sourced from the nexus one we will have access to a great rom.

14. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

There are so many different stories about the Droid and 2.1 floating around right now. Every website or person has their own account of what was said and their own interpretation. The only thing we can be pretty certain of is that we will get it - and probably soon. The details are unfortunately still a mystery. There are too many different rumors for me to trust any one in particular.

15. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

One website said that the Motorola CEO said both the Droid and Eris would be getting 2.1. Of course, the Eris is built by HTC, not Motorola. You have to understand that not all these writers know what they're talking about.

16. SharonW

SharonW Well-Known Member

Well, the thing is, the Droid is not getting upated. It is, however, getting the 2.1 upDate in full. ;) I'd hardly trust a site that misspells "update" in their graphic.

For all, here are the words directly from the CEO's (SJ- Sanjay Jha) mouth from an interview with Engadget:

I tell you, half of the media and blogs that cover these stories play a very bad game of grapevine and do absolutely NO research of their own.